Day 2, 29 Dec, Fukuyama / Takayama 富山/高山



Saturday, Got up at 630am and checked out the wet socks being left to dry in the balcony and oh goodness, they are not dry and I'm not going to wear wet socks for the whole day. So I borrow Shan's hairdryer to make sure my socks & jeans were dry.

The bus which departs for Takayama will leave at 9 so we rushed to the station at 8 and parted with DT as she'd be heading towards Kyoto for the rest of her journey. Shan & I gotten some bento to eat on the bus journey.

We managed to reach the place on time and met up with Shan's boss and his wife. Some guy, dressed in suit, whom I assume was from the bus company service who then took our attendance and it turned out that we were last to turn up?

The first thing I saw Shan's boss was the usual, "Hey hello! Nice to see you! It's been a while since the last time I saw you." blablabla... suddenly the suit guy (who looks kinda cute) spoke to us in English, "Where are you from?" And I replied, "Singapore." I have to say I was quite impressed because that was the first time I hear a proper English sentence from a Japanese.

So anyway, we board the bus and I was checking out the sceneries outside as well as just chatting and occasionally zi pai with Shan.

The schedule would be such that at 12pm, we would be at our first for a toilet break, and 1pm would be the first stop of tour, it's like a 购买土产的地方. There would be a puppet show going on as well. Of course, those who are interested in watching will have to pay for the ticket but Shan & I wouldn't be interested anyway.

At around 11+, we decided to have our bento since we'd be doing lots of walking & exploring later in the afternoon.
Yummylicious bento at quite a cheap deal considering so many "liao".

A pic of me & bento

After finishing bento, we passed by snow capped mountains.

See all the white area? Those are snow!!! They're all by the road side! Which meant it snow probably a few hours ago and we missed it! Aww...

Anyway, we reached the 卖土产的地方. While most of the tourist went inside to catch some puppet show, Shan & I were frantically taking pics of those cute 土产. They're actually snacks or food which are basically rice crackers, biscuits, handicrafts, accessories with very cute packaging.



Notice the red thingy which keep appearing as stuff dolls or on the packaging box? Heard from Shan that it's their mascot. Their as in the place where we were at. It has w-shaped lips!!!!

And so, I decided to act retard with it!

After indoors, we went outdoors and look at what we can take pics with. Nothing much actually except for this insect museum. However, those insects or other animals have gone into hibernation, hence the museum wasn't operating. So we could only take pics outside.

Next up, we went to another place. It's something like a 古老街 with 日本古老建筑 that sells 日本传统食物与食品, I think?

To be perfectly honest, I had no idea what the tour guide was saying almost all of the time simply because I cannot understand Japanese at all except for some 简单到不能再简单的 Japanese terms like sumimasen, arigatogozaimas... The tour guide was kinda enough to provide some brochures, pamphlets, maps of certain places we'd be heading & exploring but since I can't read Japanese words at all, I wasn't able to understand anything at all as well.

很多时候,我有点不知所措因为我搞不清楚状况。
我茫无目的地,毫无方向的跟着,走着。
虽然珊也有大概得跟我说行程大纲,
可是有时候我也弄不清楚是怎么一回事。
很想多问,却又怕耽误观光时间。

不知道方向对不对,我也看不懂日文的路标,
很想问在哪里,去哪里,怎么去,
却只能跟在后面,偶尔拍几张照。
走了稍微累了也不能慢下脚步,因为有时间限制。
所以希望在限定时间,能够光缆的地方越多越好。

To give an idea of 古老, here's a pic of how the street houses typically look like.
It's something first storey is a shop and upstairs is probably the shopkeeper's house kinda place.

Here's another one.
Those shop mainly sell supplies like rice, food, daily household stuffs which supply to the neighbourhood. Some shops sell stuffs cater to tourists like home made accessories, souvenirs kinda stuff....

We were supposed to get back to the coach at 4pm. Time was going to be up soon and since we walked a long way there so we had to walk a long way back too. From what we were told, we'd only reach the hotel at around 6+ which I assume there won't be any toilet breaks in between.

So I thought so I'd just bear with it will do but cos during the quick walk back, Shan started running and asked me to hurry so I had to run with her. 这么样一路跑,我的尿真的是憋不住了. She ran so fast and because of the "urgency", I couldn't keep up with her. I think I definitely can't hold on for another 2 hour journey but I didn't know if it was right to break up that I really needed to go because I know Japanese are very particular with time and are very punctual and we really needed to reach by 4pm.

结果我真得不行了,非上小号不可。
就算看到她的不耐,我也真的没有办法了。

还好非常感谢的是,厕所就在我们当下所在的不远。
所以我很抱歉我们得停下脚步。

上完小号,我们接着继续跑回去。
我这个肥女人,平时没有做运动,
所以跑得上气不接下气。

到达目的地的时候,发现导游一直往外看,
似乎在看最后还没回来的人到了没有。
而这里的人,似乎都坐满了。

我看着手表,我的手表已经是调快的了,
而距离4点其实还有一两分钟。
也就是说,真实时间,我们并没有迟到啊!
可是我们正好就是全车都在等的最后两个人。

虽然在车里面的人都不可能责备我们,
可是一想到车是因为我要去尿尿的缘故而被耽误,
也耽误了大家能早一点到酒店休息一下下的时间就觉得很不好受。

我真的不是故意的。只希望大家不要不爽。。。

We'd reached our hotel and checked in and for me, I plopped right onto the comfy bed and was almost knocked out. I did my daily report to dad & Xiang...

Next was having buffet dinner together with Shan's boss and his wife together. It was actually a eat-all-you-can-by-8pm buffet. But... what was displayed on the serving table wasn't exactly appetizing to me...

首先,我不吃海鲜。

严格说起来,应该是我没吃过海鲜。
因为我家人不吃,没在家里吃过,也没在外面吃过。
也没有 instances 朋友 jio 我吃跟他们一起吃海鲜。

我好像也没有朋友吃海鲜的。
Ok 可能他们是有吃海鲜的,可是我没听说过。
因为我也不可能会问,“你们有吃海鲜的吗?”
这样问好像变成我是一个很喜欢吃海鲜的人可是我并不是。

所以,我没有吃过龙虾,也没吃过螃蟹等。

当然,如果这些都是 delicacies of Japan,
而我现在目前出身在这里,理当应该是要试试看。
可是我不知道要怎么下手,更不知道要怎么开始吃。
而我看到大伙儿都好像吃得很熟练的样子,
我在不是很认识的人的面前,真的很怕也不敢不好意思 sia suay,
搞不好剪不好,不小心刺到自己,
或是拔螃蟹脚时失手而螃蟹肉飞掉 等等的糗事,
真的会非常丢脸。。。。

但是,我想我也已经丢脸了。

因为当我摆在桌上的是饭,汤,炸食的时候,
珊老板问我为什么没有拿螃蟹?
那我也礼貌而老实的回答说我不吃螃蟹。
他就说新加坡也有辣椒黑椒螃蟹啊。那我跟他说我没有吃过。

然后,他非常意外的说,“怎么可能?你确定你是新加坡人吗?”

Of course, he said that in English to me. "Are you sure you are Singaporean?"

他这么说,我也哑口无言不知道要怎么回答,
然后 act blur 当没一回事。

结果,我还是丢脸了。

不过想想看,自己没有新加坡人的“最爱”是好事。
Because the last thing I want to be is "Singaporeanised".

That's my meal for the night. I'm not really into 生食 as well...

Look at Shan's plate..

Look at their plate...

我其实吃得并不多。我是可以吃的。
可是虽然我的食量很大,但是或许水土不服吧,没什么胃口。

Dinner ends exactly at 8pm and after dinner, we went to the "hot spring". Actually it's those public bath. Something which we definitely don't have it here. So erm....it was a damn awkward one-hour public bath session.

To Japanese or anyone who are used to the Japanese culture, it is ok to see naked bodies of someone your own sex. But...no part of my knowledge of history & culture of Singapore for my existence 24 years of life has anything like that. Those closest is probably seeing ppl in swim suit in the changing/bathing room?

My consolation was that I didn't wear my glasses and without glasses, my vision was poor and everything around me was a blur. Heng... I couldn't see my fatty body nor anyone's bodies properly. Good. But still, it was a freak out knowing I was naked in front of so many ladies.

Cast nakedness aside, the water was FREAKING HOT!! Like what? 40 degree Celsius? Too hot too hot... my skin already felt the hotness even before dipping inside the water. My feet felt as if it was going to melt off when I took my first step into the 'tub'.

Shan was already submerged into the water with water up to her neck. I was still sitting by the edge was water up to my knee. It was really hard for me to submerge inside... I only had water up my waist. I didn't even dare to move my lower body in the water cos any movements would cause a 'water uproar' and the level of hotness will rise.

OK, my description is very lousy. In short, I will be a boiled pork if I stayed in there any longer. I could see the skin of my thigh turning red. Shan said we cannot stay inside for too long else will tao hin. I think I will be cooked even before I get tao hin.

Even as we get out of the 'tub', we'll have to do it slowly. It wasn't like getting out of the swimming pool cos like I mentioned, any drop of those water on the skin is actually very... 可能会要人命的感觉。

Shan suggested we go to the outdoor one. Cos the one we went to was an indoor one. The outdoor one was more bearable, mainly due to the winter weather which probably made the water not that hot. That one was more enjoyable but more ppl came in so we decided that we had enough.

While we were intending to leave, we came by this sauna place. Sauna is a heated wooden room to make yourself sweat. You can add the heat by adding water to some burning coal or some sort? Shan & I couldn't even stand being inside for a minute. There was practically no air to inhale... and the air we exhale have no where to excape either. It was quite a poor ventilated place.

It was time we get out of this place!!!!!

Phew! Got changed and went back to hotel room and had prior arranged to play scrabble with Shan's Boss. However when we went up, Boss' wife was asleep so he came down to our room instead and we actually played till almost 1am. Afterwhich, we decided to pose with those bathing robes provided by the hotel. We were supposed to wear them to the public bath but we didn't la... so just gonna wear & hiao for a bit.


Oh ya, I'd tried the amazing toilet which help you to 洗屁股. Hahaha!! Japanese ppl so cute one! Invite such a such device to help clean the front & the back. Felt kinda ticklish! LOL~

High time we get some sleep considering we gotta get up early the next day...

Day 3, 30 Dec, Rokuyama? / Kanazawa 五固山/金泽
(The 'gu' is actually wrong. But I couldn't find the actual word which has 'double k' above it in Chinese hypy so make do with this.)

Sunday, Got up at 630am, wash up & changed and went to the restaurant for its buffet breakfast and it's off to SEE SNOW!!!!!

Our seats were changed! We thought we'd have to continue sitting at the back of the bus but this time we were the first, right in front! The closest to the tour guide. The view at the front seat was complete different cos we'd be able to see what the driver sees with those big windscreen. Lovely view.

When we finally got there... fresh snow were falling rapidly!
No footprints yet! See! Totally clean & beautiful! I was amazed by the beautiful scene!

A video of the place we alighted from the bus...

You can actually hear Shan calling 'En ah!' towards the last second...

I'd let pictures & videos do the talking...



A close up self shot to show that the snow was slowly getting bigger!






That's me manuvering the camera in front of me. You can see those snow falling behind me! One snowflake was caught in my eyelash. The snow was like wet cotton wool kinda snow! LOL~

In case you're wondering who was I talking to? Boss asked if I wanted to drink something but I didn't want so I said, "Don't want, thank you." and continued walking....
One more picture before we left the place....
I won't forget this place I guess....

And then we were bought to some souvenir shops again. Nothing much to buy. Then we had lunch at this Glass Factory/Retail place. The food was quite fantastic at a very reasonable price. After that, we were supposed to be looking around at those pretty glass souvenirs but we weren't interested in that cos apparently after that place, the tour bus would be going back to Kobe. It was only mid-day and we had previously expected to end the tour in the evening or at night cos we had bought the night bus back to Tokyo at 10pm. We certainly had lots of time to roam....

However, this Glass Factory place was a damn ulu place. It would be quite a hassle to get us back to the main town's train station. Since we had some times, we'd continue to visit some places of interests as stated on the pamphlets.

结果我们选了看似不错的一个渔港。
At least that's what's shown on the pamphlet.
我们花了一点时间等巴士车。
而距离我们的目的地大概有一个多小时。
之所以会选渔港因为其他的地方都要给如门票,
而我们也对文物没什么兴趣所以就选了免费参观的地方。

一个多小时的车程,我们睡着了,还好没有坐过展。
可是下车的时候,就觉得好像不对劲。
因为根本就没有人。什么都没有!

渔港是有。可是没有人运作的渔港!
这么冷的冬天,应该是没有营业了。
我们被美丽的 pamphlet 骗了!!!!!!

天气好冷,风好大,冬天的风刺得我的脸好痛,
可是那里除了一间卖海鲜的室内小巴杀,
就什么逼海风的地方都没有了。
所以我们只好呆在里面取暖直到下一趟车来为止。

The freaking bus finally came and i could finally leave that dreadful place. I called it dreadful because of the mighty strong wind which came from the big waves just outside the little seafood market. It was soooooo cold. I didn't even realised the coldness made me moody or perhaps it was something else???

I board the bus with big reliefs. And we finally got to our destination 金泽 where we'd be boarding the bus to Tokyo at 10pm. However... it wasn't even 6pm yet... So we decided to explore or rest in this shopping mall by the 金泽 station.

We saw MacDonalds and Shan has free coupon which entitled us free coffees. We had some coffee and rested and was thinking how to spend time until 6pm. I saw a lot of cosmetics stuffs and remembered Adelyn wanted me to get her some stuffs so I went to take a look at it...

After walking around, we felt hungry and gotten some cheapo food to eat. If it weren't for the pictures displayed, I wouldn't know how to order anything. Luckily I could just point and pay and go. Though I could read Chinese but it doesn't make any sense to me... Like 'It's ok or never mind" in Japanese is Daijoubu which is 大丈夫 in Chinese. In what way is 'big husband' gotta do with 'it's ok'?

So anyway, I ordered this 亲子饭 which in Chinese means 'parent & child rice'? Though other parts of Asia would just name in "Rice with chicken & egg". I found it amusing that chicken & egg is described as 亲子. Hehe... Chick pops out of the egg, grew up to be chicken which lays the egg again. So one is parent, one is child. Haha... cute!

There is my 亲子饭.

After dinner we still had a long long time to pass and we spent it by hanging out at this mall until it closes. We even brushed our teeth, changed out of our contact lens in the toilet. We also looked at some Disneyland pamphlets and tried to plan out a route for our Disneyland trip before boarding the coach heading toward Tokyo...

It's funny how the last seat of the coach wasn't occupied. I thought I'd have all the space to myself by being at the last seat but it turned out to be pretty cold, no wonder nobody sits there. But it's better than nothing I could put my bag next to me, lie down sideways, kiao ka, or even sit on the floor of the coach and half-lie-down on the cushion without having to consider other passengers.

To be Continued...