A while back, the department that I am currently a part of, decided to have 'professional videos' of every staff on our about page.

Here's mine.

They didn't allow me to use En En >< and so I had to say/use 我非常难听的 dialect name -.-

I sounded sian cos I was new and no idea wth I was doing in the dept and a lot of things are 'dunno nvm just do', which was what I did.

For those of you who are interested to know who are the ppl that I worked with can go on to click & view on the other thumbnails to watch the videos of them.

-

A while back, I had also accepted a freelance job to produce a video animation. Of course Rajat is the one who did the animation since he's good at it but one of the thing that was later added on was doing a voiceover.

Initially I was told by the client to see if I could get a voice talent and then I decided I could be the one doing it. So tada! Here it is!

Certain parts sounds different hor? Cos I recorded it on different day.

Guess what I recorded this with?

Nope, nothing complicated. Not recorded in a studio with those headphone and special mic. I recorded this with iPhone's voice recording app. HAHA! Putting the tip of the phone near my mouth and repeated the script many many times lol

For those of you who are interested to try this app, check out their official website here.

Nope I'm not paid to advertise but this is the work of the programmer, M whom I had worked with in my previous job. Back in my previous job that's only a print agency, we still accept a handful of digital despite not having in-house programmers. So I had to work on one of the digital works with an external freelance programmer M. He has a regular day job too. He was introduced by one of the designers who left. So then I quit my previous job but was contacted by M who asked if I could do a video animation for him and I accepted. I couldn't have done this without Rajat's help of course.

Even though Rajat is in Nepal but there was no problem making all the communication in words over email. In fact, halfway through the project, M was too busy & overwhelmed with his projects that he had to pass this on to his colleague, R. M & R are probably the nicest clients I ever worked with. It was a very pleasant collaboration throughout and I'm just glad & thankful for this kind of experience/works that makes me happy & feeling the sense of job satisfaction that I haven't felt in a long time.

Recalling back, some of the 'jobs' that I did that weren't 'real jobs' felt like the 'best' jobs I'd ever done.

  • teaching drawing/art to children age 4-10 at community centres
  • exhibition assistant (for I forgot what exhibition service or events company) at Suntec
  • making cold calls at Synovate on off for 6-years 
  • demo-singing for Liyi laoshi
  • performing for free as DW at various locations
  • teaching iLearn staff (the folks at Suzhou office back in my China-traveling days) English
  • so many freelance projects with Rajat since school days
  • & a voiceover project like this

I don't know how to explain this but it seems like anything that requires talking/singing or simply using my mouth/voice, I think I do it pretty well.

Haha I used to suck at solo-performing because I've got stage fright. Later as DW, it wasn't so bad cos I had team members with me on stage so I know I'm not doing it alone. Now, I think I present myself quite well during presentations... I guess it gets better with age/experience? But it gets even better if it's recorded with various tones & annotations? LOL!

Hopefully more 'voice' projects will come my way! And I'm a Happy Oon.

-

On a side note, I miss KTV :(  But anyway my repertoire has been stuck for a long time. NEVER MIND! Songs nowadays are trash anyway :X With technology and the evolution of YouTube, there are many talented musicians & vocalists who remix/cover it better than the originals. I wish I could do things like that.... but, I'm not as wu eng as those youngsters la =\

On another side note, the last meeting with Milo gals was one of the best gathering/outing we ever had. I don't know how to explain it but it's one of those super positive moments you get. The feeling of 'right day, right people, right time, right moment'.

I wish for more positive, happy moments like these!

CATCH YOU LATER!!!! I <3 YOU GALS!