I am late. Very late in fact. How did I miss out on this show!

Oh. Perhaps it's the repercussion from Boys Over Flowers & Personal Taste, two of which also starring Lee Min Ho. To sum it up, I didn't think Lee Min Ho's performance in these said dramas was fantastic despite the hype that was given to these 2 dramas. I had a feeling he was more capable than his pretty boy looks and I was glad City Hunter proved his worth.

Basically the whole drama is about City Hunter and his adoptive father (as pictured in the drama poster) and how the both of them decided to carry our their revenge against the current corrupted Korean government.

What's a story without the people maintaining law & order?


Park Min Young plays the president's bodyguard & the other good looking dude plays a prosecutor who was trying to capture the corrupted ministers.

To be honest, I didn't quite think the attraction was ever there. And actually, I wasn't even interested in their romance cos I felt that it was rather forced. I mean, true there wasn't a lot of skinship between the both of them. There was probably just one kissing scene and that's all.

The REAL action and storyline was basically about how he triumph evil in his own ways and having to bear all the responsibility of trying to protect all that he love, his adoptive father, Kim Nana (Park Min Yeong) and the long-lost mother and his beloved ajusshi.

There are a lot of comrade actions, if you're into comrade/soldier/military type of production like Saving Private Ryan, Black Hawk Dawn with a modern Korean twist, this is a drama for you.

I was surprised to be sucked into this story when initially, all I wanted to do was to look at Lee Min Ho's pretty face but really, I also have to give credit to ALL the other senior veteran actors/actresses who made the whole plot believable, especially Lee Jin Pyo (Lee Min Ho's adoptive father), his sinister smiles, his hidden agenda, his concealed revengeful manners. It's really amazing!

If I have to say it, I think the main leads running the whole drama are Lee Min Ho & Kang Sang Jung (Lee Jin Pyo). I personally think Park Min Young didn't even have more air time compared to Lee Min Ho's adoptive father because this character is really important and crucial to the entire show.


It's really an amazing journey following City Hunter, it's the kind of similar feeling when I was watching Baker King because of the element of revenge in the story.

It keeps you on your toes and hope the bad guys get their deserves and you squirm at every close calls. That's very different from the typical romance drama I chase after! Haha!