MAY - 花花世界

May 1 - Garden By The Bay
It has been opened since a while back but we haven't got the time to visit. My sisters mentioned that my mom had always wanted to visit so we took the chance to do so during a public holiday. We had Papa to send us there but as always, he's not interested in doing 'stuff like that as his time is better spent doing other things he like'.

We took many many pics of the 花花世界!!!!

















May 6 - OGTT 
I was still seeing my usual GP and because my previous urine test indicated that my sugar level is high so I was told to do another OGTT (oral glucose tolerance test) which will be a more accurate measure of how fast my blood metabolise sugar.

I couldn't eat anything the previous night after 9pm. My first blood reading has to be taken at 830am. I was told that my 'fasting reading' was normal. After that I was to consume a bottle of sweet drink which is actually carbonated soda. After an hour at 930am, a second reading was taken and my glucose level spiked up really high! My GP Dr did casually commented that it was considered high. But yeah, had to see after another 2 hour later if it will return to normal.

At 1130am, my last reading was taken and it was back to the 'higher range' of normal. But still normal right? She told me that I do not have Gestational Diabetes but I do have to watch what I eat, especially sweet stuff. Although it's still controllable but don't over consume more sweet stuff. Finally done over 3 hours!!! I could finally eat cos I was so hungry!

I had my monthly scan but it still looked like an alien. I was told that I really have to find a gynae soon otherwise it will be hard to find any gynae to deliver for me. I remembered Qifen mentioned her friend also saw a gynae at Jurong East which was near my GP clinic too. Dearie & I went to look for the clinic to enquire more but we have to make an appt so I made it within the same week.

May 10 - My First Gynae Visit
There isn't any appt slot for weekend visits so we walked in at 9am, gotten a queue number 10 and head out for Big Breakfast at the nearby McDonald's. By the time I returned at 10am, I was relieved to know I was the next in line!

I'm see Dr Tho C.K at The London Clinic & Surgery for Women. As it was the first visit, I had a long chat with him for him to better understand my condition & symptoms. I told him I was Week 15 and he was able to check the gender! :D WEEEEE really?

His sonogram was SO CLEAR! I could see everything clearly inside my womb! I saw a waving baby! Haha! OK, it just so happened that those tiny hands were up & moving and it looked like it was waving! We could hear the beating heart. Dr Tho was very detailed & clear in explaining the measurements of the fetus & the position of it. When he finally scanned the bottom view of the fetus, there was a little penis. IT IS GOING TO BE A BOY!!!! I looked at Dearie! He was smiling! All along he had a hunch it was boy haha.... Dr Tho said my placenta was low and it may block the passage so will have to monitor to see if it shifts higher as the fetus gets bigger.

We got home excitedly as I announced to my family that it will be a boy! I felt extremely happy and figured that after having 3 daughters, it will be nice to have a grandson :)

May 13 - Family Day
Holiday on Vesak Day allow me to go for a Family Walk/Jog at Bt Batok. I couldn't climb the steps, so my sisters accompanies me on flat trail.

We had bak chor mee!! Ever since Ah Mian got back from Sweden, she hadn't been able to eat local delights. I felt good having BCM too!!!

My sisters & I also decided to prepare spaghetti for the family!


May 17 & 18 - Papa's Birthday
The usual venue for birthdays of family members had always been Yunnan Garden Restaurant. But this year, Papa suggested somewhere new - Jurong SAFRA Joy Garden. I love their menu! Taste really good! Even though Papa is the richest amongst us but I also 意思意思 combine ang bao with Ah Neng!


Usual Sundays if I'm at home, I would always want to join my parents for their Bt Batok Nature Reserve walk/jog session but it was raining heavily so we only had breakfast & shop groceries at NTUC. I actually love bonding time with my family and of course spending lovey dovery time with Dearie since we only meet up on weekends.

Dearie had to work on Sunday. I feel his love and our little Strong One everyday....  Working on Zach & En En periodically makes me feel great. I want to forget bad memories & become a positive and confident person.

May 25 - Bought Art Canvas
I recently bought art canvas at Vivo and trying my hands at Numbers Painting or Paint By Numbers.
Started with this. See the little spaces?

Darker colours are easier to paint than light colours

At first I thought what's so hard about colouring but actually it's not easy - have to control the colour so that it will not be too dry on the canvas. Will show my progress further hehe!

May 31 - Dept's New Direction

One gate closes as my dept produced a farewell video for our Head...