WHY DOES TIME PASS SO FAST!!!!

August is ending & I barely get to reminisce my July :P and here I have to face with August =\

It's a new school term. Nope not for me. But the fact that I work in a school meant that it's FOREVER CROWDED!!! The bus are always crowded, the cafeteria is always crowded. Basically it's crowded everywhere with a lot of freshmen, noisy seniors and a lot of activities going on. Good for the students but sian for the staff.

I am officially at my THIRD TRIMESTER! And from this month onwards, I will be visiting Dr Tho on a bi-weekly basis

I managed to see Dr Tho twice at 28 weeks & at 30 weeks. However, during both times, I didn't get a new pic of Strong One because he's either facing downwards or away from my tummy so the ultrasound couldn't see his face properly :( Part of my prenatal package includes 3D Ultrasound, I really really really hope & pray that I'll be able to see his face again real soon the next time :)

A few things which Dearie & I had been looking at were breast pumps, baby carriers & strollers/prams.


New mothers would most definitely read that Medela is seemingly the best breastpump brand in the market but that being said, it's also the most costly. They have a few series and we are looking at Freestyle which is retailing for $799 at all places that carry this brand. Hence, we decided to shop from US and searched through Amazon & Pricegrabber.

Most online price is going for USD300 onwards but definitely below USD400 (SGD500). Even inclusive of shipping would definitely cost lower than SGD800!! SIAO!

If you're a new parent and want to get your hands on Medela, forget about buying in local retail la. Just buy online from US sites. It cost so much cheaper!

Likewise for baby carrier, we had been looking for something we find useful & trustworthy & of course neutral designs. At the many baby expos we went to, we saw a lot of Baby Bjorn & I-angel but the thing is we don't really notice parents carrying their kids with this brand.

Later through blog searches, we found out that an sg mother brought her few-months old infant and carried him with Ergobaby and toured the city freely & normally for the whole day without breaking a sweat. I bet everyone would think that the infant is too small to travel and having a child would deprive you of traveling overseas but I think this sg mother is quite steady leh.

There are many Ergobaby series but we decided to use Performance - as what the sg mother above used - as Original has too many flowery & bright colours that may not be suitable for the husband/father.


As usually SG retail price is $225. When we looked online, it's about USD140 which is about SGD185. But if we want to use it for newborn, we would have to purchase the infant insert separately.

We are still indecisive with strollers. Some of what my friends are using are Graco, Capella but when I saw the price at KiddyPalace, they're really super expensive :( Like $399-599 kinda pricing. WHY? Perhaps we should consider US online sites again since we already have intend to buy the breastpump & baby carrier from online.

Dearie seemed to be considering getting a car - perhaps influenced by friends? There were instances whereby we just couldn't get a cab without flagging/waiting for at least 30 minutes at the roadside or queuing at the cab stand. My growing belly has also grown inconvenient traveling around MRT or bus - why? Cos MY BUTT IS FUCKING HUGE!!!! Even if I have a seat on the bus or train, my butt will touch the butts/hips of the people on the both of my sides :( Sigh...

We had our first Antenatal Course at Mount Alvernia Hospital. It was a theory class by a Dietitian on the type of food to eat and avoid during pregnancy. Lucky for me, I have no nausea during my pregnancy so I basically eat anything & everything. Do I have cravings? You can bet I do but they're all unhealthy - potato chips, ice cream, instant noodles! So I needed to control the portion!

Most of the food are quite ok for expectant mothers EXCEPT raw food, uncooked food, certain seafood. It's ok to have unhealthy ones ONCE IN A WHILE but not recommended to have it daily la... lol

-

我的工作合约截止日期要到了。
所以新主人有找我谈,她问我我将来在这里的打算是什么?

真心话:
老娘觉得在这里没有前途,没什么好发展的。
他妈的,两年半的薪水都一样!没有起到!
因为前任主任给的评语都不好。我还留下来干嘛?
要不是怀孕,我早就走人了!我一直都想走了!

结果说出来的话:
我知道自己的程度不如 same team 同事,所以不介意往Video发展。
我和Video team 合作过一些工程,还蛮顺利的。

With that, I was assigned to support the video team with my design expertise and I am also tasked to produce measurable projects within the next 2 months before I go for my maternity leave.

I was a bit turn off & appalled. Does that means what I had done last year was also forsaken? That I'll only be judged for what I am able to produce in the next 2 months? What can I achieve with the video projects in the next 2 month? I don't even have the necessary skills to do video shooting or editing as compared to the experiences colleagues in the video team.

What I can offer are possible pre-production stuff like storyboard, concept, script, art direction etc. I probably won't be able to be part of the shooting with a 30-week pregnant belly and I certainly can't do Premiere or After Effect anymore. I mean I can learn but... it will take time since what I'd been doing are PS, AI, DW stuff...

Guess what? She really assigned me to lead a video project single-handedly. I knew there was miscommunication somewhere that she assumed I had the skillsets of what the video team has. So she asked me to work with someone from the video team but still ask me to lead.

搞什么?叫一个没有经验的人来负责工程。
唉,有时候也不懂这个新主人在想什么。。。

Working in a school, it's important to celebrate National Day which... I don't really give a flying f.....  But I just thought I'd share some nice photos since I looked pretty radiant in red/coral :P

Selfie moment being captured by another colleague

My 28weeks belly on Singapore's Birthday!

The colleague in red, beside me is also pregnant! She's 4 weeks ahead of me!



The following Monday of off in lieu from NDP so my sisters were free! And we could all go out gai gai together with our mom in a 母女姐妹 day.

The 4 of us took a cab to HBF where I went for my usual chiropractic while they shopped at giants and I was touch & happy to know that they were shopping for infant/baby for my Strong One - their nephew/grandson! I WAS SO TOUCHED! Strong One is definitely loved :))))

We had Asian Kitchen for lunch and Mama paid! We had a great time bonding together. My sisters also intro me to Fruit Paradise. It was my first time having atas fruit tart like that!


After shopping & looking around at HBF, we took cab to IMM to check out renovation, household items & furniture.

OH! My neighborhood had a Home Improvement polling like beginning of the year or something where residents could poll and vote for renewing piping, building new toilet fascilities and my family opted for it by paying for some fees. My house has been built in 1982 (during the time my parent married), we had 2 major renovation during these 32 years but we didn't change the pipes so it's safer to change them.

That also means our kitchen & masterbedroom will be installed with new toilet. So we are looking at those shower cubicle with sliding glass door like what hotel has cos our toilet are really the old-fashion 30 years ago type. My sister's room has beds & desk since their primary school days - have to change liao la! They're full grown adults at 22 & 24 years old liao! So they were looking at new beds & desks....

It was nice to be around my family knowing my time with them is getting shorter...

I have finally completed numbers painting!!! YAY!!!!

I also kept looking at the cute baby outfits from my sisters & mom.
Dear Strong One, mama loves you! I can't wait to see you and hold you soon! It's a warm feeling to be holding these baby clothes knowing it will fit on the little human being inside my belly now. I am blessed n also glad to know that he is very much loved :)

After completing the previous painting that took me months, I started on a new one again!


I feel happy being able to be lovey dovey with Dearie every week doing our baby shopping. I can never have enough hugs from him ^^

Just to spam some pics taken with my dearest & beloved hubby....


From the pics, you can tell that I'm really bloated these days, even eyebags too lol I have more obvious eyebags now as Strong One has been getting more active, punching & kicking me hard in the middle of the nights or wee hours in the mornings. He's not even born yet and I'm getting not enough sleep :( But I suppose that's a happy problem to know that he's kicking...

Most of the items at Mothercare seems really expensive. I already felt that KiddyPalace is quite expensive, Mothercare would be more atas. How how how? 

After attending about 3 Antenatal course, we learnt more about exercises to do during pregnancy and some of the breathing methods to take note during labour. It was quite fun, not to mention funny. 

I am officially 30 weeks and I can feel my swelling belly getting bigger. In fact, I feel like I actually can pop anytime. Where got 30 weeks so big & huge like mine? 


I was trying out an outfit bought from ASOS to see how my 30weeks bump look like. My tummy feels full, squeezy, bloated all the time, as if there are lots of things inside, plus all the physical activity he's doing inside lol. Ah, just 10 more weeks :) I'll be able to see a mini-me, or a mini-Z hahaha :x