On 12 Oct 2014, after being pregnant for 38 weeks, I gave birth through cesarean to a healthy son who weighs 3.56kg

I then became the mom of Leong Min Hao - named after Lee Min Ho lol (I wanted to name him Leong Min Ho but didn't wanna make it too obvious lol)

We affectionately call him Haohao :)

As you can see from my Instagram widget on my blog, it has been flooded with pics of Haohao. Go check out my documentation of his growth if you haven't :P

The whole journey of becoming a mom was surreal.

When I was pregnant, I thought being pregnant was difficult because it was tiring.

After going through surgery, I thought the surgery was difficult because it was so painful.

After recuperating, I thought the healing process of difficult because I couldn't move quickly like before.

After confinement, I really think taking care of a baby is the most ultimate difficult task I ever encountered in my entire 31 years of life,

After 6 weeks (technically it's just 2 weeks as my child was being taken care of by the confinement nanny), I was struggling with this biggest challenge in my life ever and day after day I keep wondering why did I ever want a kid?

I must have been crazy when I thought having a kid would be 'sweet, cute & fun'. Why did I ever think that a person like me could become a mom?

There are so many things to learn, so many things to know, so many things to do... It is really overwhelming.

There were a lot of misconception of what I thought parenting/post-natal was about.

I thought I naturally had breast milk because every women have it right? Wrong. Apparently, not every woman is able to have fountain of breast milk available as & when.

I naively thought that I was able to supply my baby with my breast milk only to realise I have none or extremely little. For the first week, he has to drink formula milk until my very limited supply came in.

It was (and still is) a tiring process and and even more tiring journey to walk on but I hope it will get better because I already had a hard time taking care of myself, what makes me think I can take care of a little fragile new life?

I have to say that the confinement at my in-law's place wasn't an easy one and having a kid at home put extra tension between 婆媳关系.

Let's just sum it up as we weren't able to see eye to eye with each other and don't agree the way each other is doing things - this actually puts my husband in a difficult position but what to do?

My only consolation during the awful confinement was looking forward to my family visiting me every Sundays and bringing me a lot tonic and useful necessities for health/surgery recuperation.

During the unpleasantness, I often tear up thinking about stuff. A LOT OF stuff.

In order to put a stop to the miscommunication & misunderstanding, I ended up bringing Haohao back to my (own) parent's place so that my mom and/or my sisters would be able to keep an eye on him as I eat/bath/pee/poo.

And so I shifted from Woodlands back to Jurong.

-

Just to share some maternity shots that I had taken with Blocmemoire in Sept @ Raffles Marina.


-

Haohao turned One Month old on Nov 12. He received many love from Zach's relatives & friends and my side of relatives & friends too.

However I was too overwhelmed and hardly took any pics.

我很高兴也很感动各位亲朋戚友对皓皓的厚爱。

非常感谢你们的厚礼。

再感谢你们抽出时间来看看他,甚至抱抱他。

没有机会跟每个人打招呼的和有什么招待不周的,请你们多多原谅。

最后,我这个新手妈妈也希望这个小瓜健健康康,

快高长大比他爸爸妈妈还大块,哈哈!