District 9 is a sci-fi movie.

 Since it's produced by Peter Jackson, so it's a New Zealand joint production with South Africa as well.

To be honest, I'd never seen the review for this but I vaguely remembered Chris mentioning this on FB that it was an awesome movie. Any movie commended by him make a MIGHTY awesome movie so yeah...

It was indeed a great movie though there were some disturbing & gore scenes and the guy who played the protagonist is good!

Apparently he's some kinda alien-negotiator trying to get the aliens to sign an agreement to be moved away as the government intended to use the land to build something else. Some aliens refused to move away to search for new homes... some aliens got aggressive and I think the protagonist was attacked by some alien fluid and he realised he became a half human, half alien...

I like his relationship with the Christopher Johnson alien and the little alien's cute too! This is a movie that really deserve more promoting & advertising for cos it's really THAT good! It's not your average sci-fi movie.

I HAD NEVER BEEN A sci-fi movie go-er but this movie changed my view about alien movies... So I think it deserve more credits.

Check out reviews here and here. Just Brilliant! My review is more shallow because I am unsure how to describe sci-fi scenes since I don't really watch a lot of sci-fi movies to be honest.

I am extremely looking forward to the sequel - I mean, I hope there's a sequel. Not really sure if there's going to be one. But the ending seems unexplained hmmm...

But the aliens did mention that they will be back to earth after leaving off the spaceship and the protagonist turning into alien... so I'm really really very curious to see what comes after that!