Day 5, 1 Jan 2008, New Year's Day, Disneyland

I woke up at 630am with a very good mood! Washed up, changed, dolled up. We left the capsule hotel and bought some snacks & food to eat while we'd be over at Disneyland!! Hehe…

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!

I was so excited throughout the journey and hope I could reach there as soon as possible! I practically went crazy when I saw myself getting nearer!!!

Love Mickey!

I couldn't believe I was at Tokyo Disneyland

There were so many, so many ppl. I couldn't believe I actually went to one of the most famous tourist spot in the world on a New Year's Day. We wanted to get inside but they we spotted many Disney mascot characters freely spreaded outside. We wanted to take a pic with Mickey & Minnie but there was such a long queue! We tried to approach other characters but ppl were just pushing around and basically rush forward to take pics. Rushed but still in an orderly manner.

Then we saw Cinderella & Prince! They looked so cute together! Omg! A Princess & Prince just stood in front of me!
Yes, they are English speaking Ang Moh. The Prince's dimple... omg~ They have many different poses with different ppl each time. Very professional.

Then there were 2 Japanese girls who approached us to help them take group photo. So we also asked them to help take for us later. But we waited & waited for our chance to go forward but there are always ppl coming in between. Those 2 girls also gave us awkward smiles. Shan & I felt kinda desperate.

And then the Prince ACTUALLY said, "Well, I'm afraid we have to go now. The Fairy God Mother's looking for us. Why don't we all take a group photo?"

Shan & I were so disappointed but I kept repeating, "Please take a picture with us. We've been waiting & waiting for so long." Think they also bo bian cos I also kept clutching the Prince's arm (since he was nearer to where I stood), those 2 girls also quickly stood in front of us and we managed to snap a quick pic.

由此可见,拍照的人不是很高 =X

And we finally went inside. The air was so nice, the weather was so nice and so were the ppl! There was a military band going on, very very bustling! We noticed ppl wore cute hair accessories, obviously Disney's merchandise and we came across this bullock cart. I saw this cute Mickey ears & Fantasia hat!
Cute hor?

There were many sections of Disneyland according to theme so first up we went to Toontown!

This is Goofy's house!

And this is Goofy's car!

Chip 'N' Dale's house!!
I wonder how they made those 'fake leaves'.

I was very amazed how each little detail was put into consideration. Just what exactly are these buildings made off? I can be sure it's certainly very customed made and only come in one size & colour! LOL~

Next up was our first ride for the day.
It looks pretty small & ok from here, shouldn't be like those big screamy ones and the queue was short.

It was our turn in less than 30min and... TADA

Yes, those were our screams! Haha! I was very confident I wouldn't drop the camera hence I could actually film it! Wahaha... SHIOK!

Still in the Toon Town section, we went to Minnie's house. It's in shades of very pretty purple.

The furniture inside was totally totally pinky, cutesy, very cartoonish as you can see...
\


We continued walking down & exploring Toon Town and we saw a big commotion. It turned out that Minnie Mouse was there! Strouting around in her bright pink dress! We have to, we HAD TO take pics with her but look at the crowd! That's one of our purpose @ Disneyland!
And the most fucking stupid thing was that WE HAVE TO GET THAT STUPID MOUSE'S PERMISSION TO TAKE PICTURE!!! What is this?

We saw the Disney staffs helping girls, helping familes, helping kids to take pics and we wanted that staff to help us take pics too but she kept repeating saying SHE CAN ONLY TAKE PICS IF MINNIE AGREED TO CHOOSE US TO TAKE PICS WITH HER! Where got such logic one??? Wah lau... see us not Japanese, bully us ah? Then what if Ang mohs wanna take pics with Minnie too?

Although Shan was very enthu to get a pic with Minnie but I was rather put off by the staff's attitude & action that I wasn't all that enthu anymore. We continued walking down...and took pics with this beautiful structure!

By then, I'd already bought myself a beanie! I was deciding between pink & blue. But eventually I thought I look better with the blue one so I bought it even thought it was almost close to SGD30.

We went inside 'It's a Small World" and queued up for our 2nd ride. We get to seat on one of those boat thingy and we get to see little beautiful lighted puppets & dolls singing carols or folk songs for us. The tunes are obviously old English folk children songs but they translated the song into Japanese and... it sounded rather weird to my ears but the visual aspects was enough to make me impress.

After that we queued up for Snow White ride. We get to seat on a 4-seater (2 front, 2 back) sorta "railway seats" which moves automatically into a dark room full of 3D props figures of Snow White, Seven Dwarf, Evil Witch. I called it props because I couldn't tell what they were made off... the houses, rocks, caves looked like styrofoam but I am very sure the human figures were probably dolls, real life dolls with moving eyeballs and lips? It was really scary though. Cos of the eerie music and sound effects add up the chilling feel. A family with 2 young daughters were in front of us and 小朋友吓到哭了.

After the Snow White ride, we took the Pinnochio ride. Hmm... same format as Snow White, 4-seater "railway seats" and we get to see how Pinnochio is built. The story itself wasn't quite memorable, so was the ride. LOL

Still in Toon Town, we came by what look like a maze and it turned out to be Queen Of Hearts.
I thought there was some kinda maze or rides inside but it turned out to be a restaurant. Haha!

While it was our turn, we prepared ourselves to be seated in the cup. We could actually control the speed of the spinning but we kept turning & turning until the speed was so far, my brain felt like glue... My head was spinning altogether as well. That's extremely tao hin ah.... For a moment I felt really gong2 .... LOL.

Next up, we went to a Mickey theatre of how Walt Disney created Mickey and how the world love Mickey and it's song. So it's actually a Mickey Orchestra kinda show brought to us by Famous Walt Disney's cartoon character puppets.

By then, I think we had pretty much visited all of Toon Town and it was time for the next section of Disneyland and that's some Exploration thingy, forgot the whole name. Over there, we decided to queue for a boat splash ride.

But along the way, we saw the souvenir shop and decided to sampat with those cute 'animal winter hats' thingy.

So we continued queuing and because we weren't able to see what was inside, we thought that the ride probably will take about 1 or 2 minutes where we'd be hoisted up and then whooosshhh, we're slide down an almost 90% gradient and scream on top of your lungs and get wet. And we were queuing for almost 1 and a half hour for this.

But as we got inside, it was almost like a maze with super duper long queues. There were 2 queues whereby one was a normal one, the other was a fast pass. But you'd have to pay an additional sum to get a fast pass to have less queuing time. But we didn't have the budget so we have to queue the long one.

We kept talking about hoping we won't be the first persons in front of the boat but suay suay, we got the front seats. We saw ppl were all so in an accordingly order manner so even though I felt like asking to seat behind but errr... I didn't dare since I don't know the language anyway.

So apparently, it was like a 'water cave' ride to see different kinds of animal in the juncle cave, there were music, there were lighting. There was even a few small 'roller coasters' inside... I wanted to take clips of it but I was afraid my hand would just lose control and as I'm afraid of getting wet, I also zip up tightly and pull over the 'Furry Eskimo hood'. I know I probably look loserish but errr... I was really afraid. Never took such rides before ma.

The moment has come and just as we expected, we were hoisted up to see the light outside and oh damn!! I didn't even dare to open my eyes and see!!!! I missed it!! And I felt as though I was almost going vertical and falling off from the boat!! Wah kao!! And by the time we almost landed, only then I opened my eyes but that was because of the splashing water on my face & hair... 我变成落汤鸡了!

Quickly when to a nearby toilet to clean up the mess. After that I took pics with some cute 'statues' there.


And then we took the Mark Twain Riverboat

Pic with the boat structure

The view from up there was actually very nice. As there were other water rides which we passed by, we have random ppl/disney staffs waving to us and ppl on the riverboat also waved back! Haha! It was just so funny! We have ppl shouting Happy New Year across to random ppl too!! Wahaha... so fun!

From the riverboat, we walked passed the Nightmare (Yeah, Tim Burton's Nightmare before Christmas) and wanted to take a pic with the house. We'd gotten one of the disney staff to help us take and she was telling us to say "Mickey" instead of "Chi-tsu (Cheese)" and we ended up looking...
Hysterial... haha....

After that we went to ride the carousel 旋转木马. 长这么大,我都还没骑过哦!And I happily took a video not knowing if it captured us, but from my many years of self-taken pics, think it's probably not bad taken la! Wahaha...


And I also took series of zi pai!

And then took pics with the famous Disney castle! Wahaha...

We wanted to take group pics but found no one available. Then we saw a couple who was also looking for someone to take pics for them so we offered to help them and after taking for them, we asked if they could help us take a pic for us. So I handed the guy my camera as he was standing closer to me and this was the outcome of the pic.

It was slanted and the castle was chipped off. Shan & I wasn't very happy with it so we asked if they could take another one for us showing the castle. The guy then passed my camera to the girl and.....
And it was definitely much better (I 'photoshopped transformed' the angle by 2 degree though). But it's obviously between the 2 pictures la. Both of them took the pics at their own height so since the girl was shorted so the eyeline was different. Wahaha...

所以说啊,拍照时不简单的工作。
摄影师要弯上弯下,捕捉不同的角度才能知道哪一个最好。
所以不是每个人都有基本‘摄影技术’。
当然不是说我很厉害到哪里去啦,
但是喜欢拍照,把最美的镜头拍下来的人会明白我在说什么。

Anyway, we walked nearer to the castle and took pics with Mickey's bronze statue!

As everyone were attracted by the parade, we quickly took the chance to take pics with the castle from the front view where there weren't a lot of ppl blocking.... Good!!

Of cos that wasn't enough!! Using our own handphones we continued taking...

After we had enough taking photos, we joined in to catch the 花车 parade. Those performer really not simple. Not taking about those having to wear big furry costumes & head gear but there were also dancers dancing around the vehicle in very thin layer of clothes. How were they able to sustain the winter cold. Really hats off to them.

Here are some pics & a video at the end. That's Mickey at the front line! Standing high high waving...

Pinnochio & the grandfather

That's probably Chip (or Dale?) with the Mary Poppins guy in front of the choo choo train!

Buzz Lightyear!

This is Goofy's Laugh Factory. He's actually in front of the vehicle and I didn't get to snap him in time but you can see his hand & leg sticking out the 'laugh factory' word. What's behind were those Monsters' Inc guys

That's Donald, Daisie, Lilo & Stitch! Lilo is soooooooo cute!! So is Stitch!

Video of the "Princess Vehicle"

Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Beauty & The Beast... Cinderella was much furthur behind and I didn't manage to capture it.

I was wondering why is there no Ariel or Jasmine in the Princess series? Or they don't have a winter clothing for that? Anyway, I really couldn't imagine these ppl has to do this EVERY SINGLE DAY! LOL~

By the time the parade ended, it was 230pm, not a lot of time left as we have yet to visit other places. So we ran to Adventure Land.

Very tribal stuff...

We queue up for another ride, luckily it was fast paced and it was our turn soon. It was something like a monorail ride around the "mountains" and also an intro about the history of the Red Indians... We see ppl like Pocohontas' family in the background.

At 4pm, the sun was beginning to set. And we queued up for the Mountain roller coaster.
In the beginning of the queue, I was still able to smile...

But from 4pm... we queued until... 6pm. It was a 2 hours of zo bo inside a dark, noisy, restless place. I was on verge of sleeping already...

这样空无的等待真得很难受。。。
在没有其它音乐,美景,
也没有话题可聊的情况下,实在是难耐。
只好用在发国际简讯给家人,从妹妹那里打听家里的状况,
问问阿翔过得好不好,顺便跟较好的朋友说想念。

Anyway, even though the queue and the wait was torturous, nonetheless it was a helluva ride. As it was getting dark, basically there weren't any 'nice views' to look around considering it was a roller coaster ride amongst/around/through the man made mountains. It was very exciting! At one point, everything went pitch black which I was terrible scared cos I think it was a 5-10 sec darkness? I was still deciding whether the 2 hour queue is enough to be worthwhile for the 3-minute ride. But ok la... better than nothing.

We were getting hungry and decided to dine at Queen of Hearts. We were there earlier in the afternoon n checked out their menu and it was pretty affordable.

The decor was wonderful, very cartoon-like once again. And they serve really yummy food!

So we made our orders and it was like a 'queue & take' kinda thing where you can choose which dish or drink onto your plate and this meal actually cost close to $30 but the dish's display are so nice!!! Even if it doesn't taste nice, the effort to make it look pretty is there! Some more the waitress are so nice to take our food to an empty table.

These were what we'd ordered.... They're freaking expensive to be honest, at almost SGD30+ for it but they look great and they taste great too! So it was worth it :)


After the meal, we went out trying to catch the night parade but apparently I think it was over. Then I realised we had confused the timing.

Nonetheless, there was still fireworks to catch. I have seen the clips taken by my sisters when they went to HK Disneyland. The fireworks were very well done so I was expecting something grand at Tokyo but it was actually simple & short.

The night was almost ending and we tried to take some more rides that we didn't get to take. It was a long queue for Nightmare Before Christmas.


It was amazingly fun inside. Love all the fake ghosts inside. How did they managed to get the 'haunted spirits' illusions leh?

We didn't have a lot of time left so we ran around like siao ginnah to see which rides was still available. Our last ride for the day was this Space Shuttle thing. During the queue, there was a cute & tall guy in front of me. We had to take a lift to the upper platform and he was standing beside me... awww.. *hua chi* Definitely my type - Mannequin height. He looked quite young but definitely cute and my type. Wasn't sure if he was Japanese cos he actually look a bit ABC (or ABJ?).

After the ride, staffs were all clearing. Tourists were asked to leave for the day. I left Tokyo Disneyland feeling lots of 舍不得.



Bye bye Disneyland. Hope I'd be able to come back here again.

We shopped at the Disney souvenir shop before taking the train back to the capsule hotel.

Back at the capsule hotel, I noticed there were new neighbours/occupants. As I hope to settle money matters with Shan, I went over and whispered along. But apparently the whisperings had disturbed some si lang ang moh who barked, "Please stop talking. You want to talk, you go down!"

Shan urged me to go back and we'd settle it the next day. Although my mouth was saying 'sorry' but I had the urged to shout "SHUT THE FUCK UP BITCH!" Sigh... I couldn't believe I actually cried inside my own capsule.