Taken turned out to be really really nice!

Liam Neeson plays a retired CIA agent who's a 'preventer' in the government. He protects really important figures.

His screwed up lifestyle cost him his marriage, family and daughter. His wife remarried and live with her rich husband and their daughter lived together with her.


One day, the teenage daughter decided to go overseas with her friend to catch some U2 concerts. (I went home and wiki about this actress playing a TEENAGE girl, it turns out she's the same AGE as me... why is she playing a teenager? lol)

Along the way they befriended some hottie who's actually a pimp with an organisation to capture girls and 'auction them' to buyers from middle east. The scary scene was when the girl was in the toilet on the phone with Liam Neeson, she witnessed her friend being kidnapped by some guys who barged into the apartment. She was eventually kidnapped while still being on the phone with her dad...

And these were the words he said to the kidnapper...

To which the guy said "Good luck" to him... And of course the whole conversation was recorded down.

Towards the end of the movie, with the help of his 'officer friend' who's actually part of the whole 'kidnapping women and smuggle them out of the country for "international business"', he managed to hunt down the Albanian kidnappers and he took a piece of paper that has Albanian words on it and asked the guy whom he believed was the guy on the phone to 'translate' the Albanian words into English.

As you probably guessed, beforehand, Liam had check the dictionary to see what's Good Luck in Albanian so... the guy said it and he was captured and everyone in the building were all killed by this Hero Dad.

So many things went wrong in the middle and this dad was able to trace his daughter. Very very very very very responsible & capable dad! A movie that got my eyes glued to it every second. My bladder was bursting.. but was still able to withhold! LOL!! I typically visit the toilet at least once during a movie. But if it's THAT good, I will bear with it till the end.

We had Yoshinoya for dinner. After that we walked around to see what to da bao when he left for work. I saw him to the platform where he headed north while I headed home. Dropped by Popular to see if they're any new books...

Dark skies, thunder roaring... and I was feeling depressed. I went to weigh myself. Good lord... good grieve, 69kg! Sigh... I kept putting on weight again.. sigh~~~ Who would believe I have put on 10kg in a span of 4 years! Sigh...