我们要的是什么?

- 大选的感想 


Over the past few couples, all eyes and limelight were on the GE 2011 candidates and the constituencies they were contesting/representing.

To be honest, I was never interested nor care about 国家大事. I didn't even know who were the ministers or MPs in my area. I was never involved with any CCs or block parties or any events organised by RCs etc. My family weren't the sociable type. I don't know or pay attention to who were my neighbours. I was and still am a 孤僻儿.

As a typical Singaporean, even if you're unhappy with anything... all you do is show your unhappiness there & then and just forget about it cos things wont change. Ya, complain lor but seriously nobody is going to give you any concrete explanation and you'd just be used to not having any and will just grumble grumble & move on with life. 

Anyway you will think since nobody cares and aiya suan le, forget about it. 要紧牙根过生活就好, 反正每个人都是这样过,也都是这样过来的.

I'm not a person who read news or the papers often but you know something is very wrong when your expenses keeps going higher and you barely able to save much. Very simple example are MacDonald meals... when you're younger, a meal cost $3-4ish, definitely not more than $5. Now that meal is twice that amount. Another is movie tickets, tidbits, chicken rice... you get the picture.

Although life isn't really damn hard for me but I'm one of those who spend so much on education, unable to find suitable job and having a pay much lower than market rate of normal 上班族 for a few years now. I am horrified by the current cost of expense/living, however you call it. But then again.... unhappy about it got what use? Can only try to improve own skills and perform well at work, in hope that boss find me valuable and hopefully raise pay.. or find something else which pays better.

In midst of all these comes a few passionate angels who have appeared to re-address all these issues. I don't need to name who... All Singaporeans have eyes to see & ears to ear and heart to feel who are they. Even before the rally began, I have checked out the profiles & videos of those candidates from opposing parties. 他们就像对我们伸出援手的天使。

You know it's the kind of situation/feeling whereby you're at the bottom of the pit, facing many problems each day, struggling to make ends meet everyday. Nobody comes forward to help you, nobody understands you, nobody listens to you. You don't need magic or miracle, all you need is a helping hand. Just a hand to pat your shoulder and say, "没事的,不用担心." Even if that person may not be able to solve your problems immediately, but you know after hearing such comforting words, you will also feel better. 

Although you know the problem is still there, but you're able to face it positively because of the encouragement that gives you confidence as you believe and have faith that thing will improve.

Much have been revealed on social media about what the ruling party has done and a few of the main issues brought up were lack of transparency & accountability. 你们到底用人民的钱干了什么好事?

And also the 'overcrowding due to foreign influx'. Fine, come here study receive education, ok. Fine, if your skill set only can utilize here and wanna stay here to earn a living, ok. Fine, if a certain special industry which Singapore doesn't have due to limited resources and require you to 另请高手, fine. 

But hello, you don't give me the crap say got positions which Singaporeans don't want to do so employees prefer 'cheaper options'.

Whatever, polling is over, election is over. 有人欢喜,有人忧. Yes, things don't happen overnight. Change will not be able to happen overnight.

Which is why I have been upset ever since the results were out. 只要都是爱国爱民,真心为人民服务就好,为什么会这样?为什么要这样?24 y/o is too young, 76 y/o is too old. SMLJ? 搞什么?是谁设定可以或是不可以的?

I have been reading/checking out pages/articles/interviews/videos about Nicole Seah & Chiam See Tong since few weeks ago and more so these few days. I can't help but feel upset, especially for Mr Chiam. I followed their news/rallies... I though SPP 是十拿九稳的 but in the end, 全军覆没. How can that be?