What to do with my current sad life? But it's all going to end really soon as tomorrow marks the last day of my present job. 

I know, it's not long cos it has only been 6 months. But it has been quite a fulfilling (though some parts quite depressing) one in the sense that it's my first real taste at a fast paced design studio/agency/house for print production.

A lot of first times here which I wanted to record down.

1. First real taste at a real design agency.
Preparing final artwork for print which is entirely different from just creating an artwork.


2. First time using iMac.
I have been a PC person all my life without being able to afford any Mac product at all. Even my first ipod shuffle was a free one and Mr Z got iPhone for me. I still remember on my first day here I posted a status on FB with my iPhone "Die! I don't know how to use a Mac!" and someone commented "Very funny leh, you use iphone post this msg. iphone is Mac liao what!"


3. First time making mock ups.
I have created artworks and cut & fold & paste a lot of items such as paper cups, paper sleeve, pastry boxes, cup holders, calendars, pamphlets, namecards etc.


4. First time having ang moh boss
I clearly didn't expect having an ang moh boss was really different. Not your typical niao & fussy local bosses. This ang moh boss doesn't feel like a boss at all. He was part of the team, managing it, coordinate it as well. Very sarcastic, childish at time but I guess he knows I'm not like the rest la, so he doesn't show his nonsensical side to me.

5. First time meeting/interacting with damn lots of ang mohs
The last time I remembered interacting with ang mohs was when I was in RDI having ang moh lecturers and working at Synovate helping ang moh biz analysts. But here, every client seemed to be ang mohs. Have to meet them, talk to them, exchange emails etc.

Verdict: I LOVE WORKING WITH ANG MOH CLIENTS! though sometimes a bit hard to understand what they were talking about or what they were saying. Why I like working with them? Cos they're NOT NIAO/FUSSY at all! Ok, not say 'at all'. But most of the time, they understand the fact of 'leave it to the professionals'. They don't mirco-manage the project, insisting things to the slightest details like what typical local clients would do.

6. First time work OT so late & so often
Just 2-3mths into the job, I've a couple of 11pm+ to catch the last train. There was also once even staying to up 230am on a Friday night! Ridiculous la really.

7. First time eating/drinking at Duxton/Clarke Quay
Well, I guess it's due to the boss' interests or simply him being an ang moh, he likes going to places where ang mohs go and we get the luxury to tag along sometimes. Well, not like it's a lot for me. Just perhaps twice. Got to try some 'spanish/brazilian' food for a leaving colleague in Apr (just as when I joined) and the 2nd time will be tomorrow at Clarke Quay - Mongolian food. I can't wait.

-

There are pros & cons leaving this place but I will try not to dwell on it too much. I merely wanted to make a decent living, ok-salary income per month which is not too far off from what my age should get, fixed working hours and not ridiculous OTs that affect my life & well-being.

So there~ I'm looking forward to the two-week break.

Bye bye Tanjong Pagar/Outram. Hello NTU/NIE/Boon Lay soon.