This is actually not a show I would watch on my own accord since there are not hot guys and I'm not really interested in uncles/ajushis lol... But it was showing on Channel U and some of the scenes are really quite funny...


Jang Dang Goon is indeed hot for his age. I watched mainly for the fact that Kim Ha Neul was really pretty in it. I had liked her since Piano (with Go Su) & Romance (with Kim Jae Won) and also her recent Kimi Wa Petto Korean movie version with Jang Geun Suk.

The story started out very witty & corny, every episode usually starts with a Blast from the Past where the guys would reveal memorable memories in their high school, their army days, or what was hot & trendy during that particular era of time, like cheering for the World Cup Korea etc. I like those moment actually and the fact that all 4 guys in their 40s still act like they're youngsters and it's not gross considering they're hot uncles. Haha!

This page provides very good insights of the whole drama with appropriate analysis as well. However, as much as I enjoyed the setting, all the lighthearted & funny parts, I actually got bored & sian with the serious/loveydovey/drama parts that I didn't really bother finish watching. Why? Because we're talking about, hmm, mature romance drama. It got pretty draggy and unnecessary that adults don't even know when/why/how you're falling in love?

Kim Ha Neul's performance was much better 10 years ago, although she was still pretty & likable but I dunno, I felt that she was over-acting in this drama most of the time. While it is acceptable for a younger actress/character for a sampat role, I think her sampat role in this drama kinda killed it and I find the overacting distasteful, I'm sorry.

The 3 other supporting ladies didn't help either. As much as they still look like they 'got it', but... I just find the reasons why they fall in love odd, especially the only one who was married to an older wife who's rich. It appears that he marry for money and willing to abide his wife's demands. It felt like he didn't love his wife at all but he accept it because he wanted to have a slightly easier wife and it doesn't hurt one bit to say I Love You to the wife that he doesn't love every single day. He still checks other girls out but he will turn into a little bunny in front of his wife saying things like, "You're the only one I love and return to every night. You're the only one in my heart..." Aiyo.... and for some reason, the wife doesn't really seem to love him too and be with him cos he has a hot hunky bod. I really don't understand....

I stopped watching when it was revealed that Kim Do Jin (Jang Dong Gun's role) is the father of the 18 year-old hot teenager who's mother was his 初恋 during his university school days. Before knowing about this, he was happily in love and planning to marry Kim Ha Neul but later they had to break up as he wanted to be a responsible father to his son. HELLO? WTF???

It was a pain to watch them having to be tortured to stay apart from each other. And the other characters all got annoying all at the same time and then I decided not to continue zzzzzz