I am actually quite amazed that we went to both of these location entirely via train/bus despite the hot hot scorching sun!

Unfortunately I was too excited looking around the place to remember to take photos and I felt that it wasn't really polite to do that in the middle of conversation with the sales rep cos I was busy jotting down little details about things that are included. Dearie was also the one asking a lot too. So none of us were able to take pics.

However, I'd still include some pics I found online. Photos are credited to the respective sites that I linked it from.

Siloso Beach Resort

We arrived at the cafe where I was told to meet the Events executive, Ms Perena. Dearie & I surveyed what looks like the function room while waiting for her.

There were a few places which Ms Perena suggested & quoted me:
  • Function Ballroom
  • Roof Terrace
  • Poolside
  • Villa Suite

So we started with Function room.The wooden doors you see in the pic behind the pavilion are the doors to the function room.



Ms Perena then opened the doors of the function rooms. There was actually a foul smell but we didn't dare to comment but she herself was saying on the actual day they're decorate and fix the smell. The rooms looks like typical function/ball room type. It was actually partitioned. When all 4 rooms are opened, it become a huge ballroom that could hold 350 people. But the thing we find troublesome was that the guests would then need to go out of the room to queue for the buffet food. They didn't have sit-down-serve-food service :(

When Dearie & I visited there, the view was the most wonderful thing. On one side were are able to see the sea (also the PSA port cargos la lol), we were also able to see the man-made greenery + amazing waterfall. So having it there would be a wonderful combi of seeing the beautiful sunset view.

Unfortunately I was told by Ms Perana that it's more like a standing cocktail/solemnisation thing. No sit-down meals as well. They can only probably put 5 tables and that's all. :( And it's actually most expensive of the lot. $12k for max 70pax.

Next was the 2-bedroom villa. There was a little distance we need to walk. It seems like it's situated in a secluded area and it was very Bali-ish. And then the view was quite shiok even though it looked like nobody has stayed there for a long time...

The layout is such that it's a longish rectangular room with outdoor area with pavilions and a little private pool. So the living room is at one end, followed by a bed room, then a common toilet with a jacuzzi, then another masterbed room. It's pretty cool!

We asked the sales how much it cost to book this 2-bedroom villa, she said about 3k+. Wah, then she still quote us $10k for buffert for max 50pax. I'd think the setting is really more for a party/celebration than solemnising. Hmm....

We thank the sales rep and head back to take a little rest at MacDonalds and thought that although it had pretty view, nice setting but it's really quite costly. I agree la.

Raffles Marina

Took the train back from Habourfront > Buona Vista > Joo Koon and tried looking for the bus in the correction direction towards RM. Must cross road over and take 192. During the journey, we passed by many many factories. The very last stop was Tuas Terminal stop, so RM was a stop before that.


The lobby was definitely the best looking place of all with the grand staircase.



I was told their banquet decor is go by colour theme and the sales rep, Nafisah showed me a few colour theme from gold, blue, royal purple, pink etc. I quite like it actually even though ceiling isn't high enough but mai hiam la.

Plus the benefits of what they offer are quite attractive. Not to mention all the nice view of the place. Had I opt for buffet dinner, this is the view my guest will see.




A more accurate view is...






The tables would be on the patch of the grass and as you dine you get to see the sky, yachts.

But I was advised against buffet style EVEN THOUGH IT'S ACTUALLY MORE EXPENSIVE! Cos buffet at most is 3 rounds but sit-down dinner, ppl have more time to mingle around and I have more time to say hello to everyone. And ppl would think that buffet style is cheaper but nope... cos they count the open space, the sea view and you're looking at expensive yacht that makes up the view.

We were told the banquet can only hold 38 tables. I was just afraid it may not be enough for us? I haven't come up with the guest list yet but I know my dad will probably inform practically everyone he knows to announce his eldest daughter's getting married -.-

Nafisah told us there was another location for solemnisation and that was the pool.





Looks not bad actually but not as grand as the grand staircase of course.

She brought us to the room we'd be putting up with. And it was another nice view facing the sea. I'm liking this already la!

To be honest, I had only look at these 2 places cos I like it. I didn't want a typical hotel wedding la. So I think most likely I'd be taking RM :)

Can't wait to visit the fair tomorrow and next week!!

PS: None of the pictures posted here belongs to me except those I'd taken from the rooftop at Siloso. For the rest, I merely Googled it online and link it. Credits to the various respective owners of the pics.