As of late, I have been doing a lot of multitasking almost everyday. 



Currently I'm in mists of sourcing out related services. Wedding services that is :D

婚礼筹备
I am currently & official a bride-to-be. Date is most likely Jan 2013, before CNY because that seemed to be the most appropriate time for both Mr Z & I. Dog not good in Dragon, Pig not good in Snake. 2012 is a leap year but in the Chinese calendar, every leap year has an additional month. Yes, they have a 13th month out of the normal 12-month-a-year in a leap year as opposed to the usual an additional day in Feb every 4 years in a leap year.

So it's good for us to get married in that additional month. They call it the 'transiting period from Dragon to Snake' and claim that it's most auspicious for both of us. Well, I also won't know how true is it.

We're in the final stages of confirming venue. Being typically Singaporean, we're still asking for more benefits la, see if can get them to throw in more stuff. If all works well, it should at Raffles Marina, 12 Jan 2013.

I also have a couple of photographers works that I like and have approached, the same for make up. I don't issues with make up cos I think make up typically make ladies look better. It's just that I do want my short bob hair to look stylish and I would want to be a bubbly yet classy bride lol. I'd usually pass up if the MUA would suggest me to put extension or wear wig.

Besides that I actually did visit a few jewellers & bridal boutiques!

It will be pretty much an ala carte wedding. I am trying to incur expenses to the lowest and most importantly, I really do agree that packages doesn't give you the freedom. In typical packages, you'll be confronted with A LOT OF ppl with A LOT OF opinions. I prefer to just filter what works for me and ensure a smooth collaboration without me having to 'top up' anything.

Do follow me on Instagram or Twitter as I post photos of me in several gowns which I have tried. :) I could really use some comments & suggestions :)

-

工作
It's been 5 months, I'm stepping into the 6th.
It is a constant struggle to figure out what exactly is my role here.

I recently discovered a fellow colleague who's also my team member, who has been here 9 months before me, was also constantly facing the same problem.

很无聊的是,每周的 lunch meeting, 我们都得向老板 update job scope.
不是 update projects-in-progress 而是 individual job scopes! EVERY WEEK!
Are job scopes things that change every week??

当时我和这位同事是以 Graphic/Media Designer 的职位被聘请。
当然,我们了解很多时候面试谈的并不代表真正上岗的时候就是那样。
事情每秒都会有改变的可能,所以人才需要学着随即应变处理。

常常,我们还以为自己知道要干嘛的时候,
老板就会过来跟我们说更多我们必须要学的,做的.
好,没有问题,可以学新的东西有什么好 complain 的?
不过因为只是初学者,又怎么可能把东西做得像专业的一样呢?
我们真的这么厉害/专业的话,就不会在这里了。

老板的想法太先进,太前卫了,可是我们的对象(博士,讲师)却还没跟上。
还有很多人其实还不知道我们部门的存在,
所以老板要我们在校园里打我们部门的广告。

博士,讲师会找上我们,当然一定是提供他们他们会用的东西。
可是老板总是要我们创新出他们没看过的东西,这样怎么说的过去呢?
政府部门的人都这么怕死,在教育的环境里,就更不用说了。

Just my two cents worth as I proceed along in this safe but boring environment. I should be grateful for being able to 'constantly' upgrade & learn new things but the ironic thing is, there's not a lot of chances to put into use but well, after all it's a LEARNING ENVIRONMENT.

Just that the constant conflict & changes of roles/scopes is a little overbearing. It's as if every month, every week, I'm always given totally new things to do and I'd be like "Oh... ok, what do I do?" I mean, I'm beginning to be OK with NOT doing anything design related, just that the contrast of various scopes are pretty huge... I really feel that this is the most bao ga liao job I'd ever done.

So far, I'd been a:

Minutes taker / Design Consultant / Layout Artist / Voiceover / Technical Service / Office Administrator / Coordinator / Planner / Customer Service / Graphic & Multimedia Designer / UI & UX Designer / Social Media Strategist / Web Designer / e-Learning technical tools admin & advisor / Mobile app researcher / Workshop trainer-assistant /

什么都有,什么都做。有关系的,没关系的。

But you know what? That's what EVERYONE does in the department. Everybody is some kind of 'tech support expert' to different areas of e-learning/education. Everybody is some kind of office admin (by that I meant expert in MS Office tools and knows how to do thought process/flowcharts/piecharts/documentation etc) Everybody must know how to plan a workshop/sharing session taking care of stuffs that range from attendees list to food catering etc.

哎~ 就是这样啦!

I can imagine myself telling this to my next employer, "I work in a school. It ranges from different kinds of duties. But we mainly responsible in supporting the e-Learning tools such as........."

Oh well, 走一步,看一步啦.

-

接下来

I would estimate it to be:

May: Papa's 60th Birthday, Mothers' Day
June: 6th-Year Anniversay & The Proposal (I hope la, I ownself wish only >< )
July: My 29th Birthday :P & Pre-Wedding Photoshoot
Aug - Nov: Furniture/Preparation for 新婚房 at Z's place.
Oct: Z's 30th Birthday!
Nov - Dec: Sisters/Brothers discussion?
Jan: 我终于能在30岁之前出嫁成为梁太太啦!