After completing Queen In Hyun's Man, I watched a 2010 drama Pasta.


I usually will watch an older drama purely based on recommendations, otherwise I usually get to know about the latest dramas based on Dramabeans.

Now, the reason why I watched Pasta is because a few gal friends (individual friends of mine who doesn't know the existence of other) raved about how suave the male lead in Pasta was and how it made them fall in love with Korea and they event went to visit the restaurant where the drama was filmed etc.

The beginning episodes seems promising: Girl works as a Kitchen Assistant and hopes to become a pasta chef one day. Finally after 3 years as Kitchen Assistant, she has been promoted to the next level as Second Assistant pasta chef (there's still First Assistant to go before she officially becomes a Pasta Chef).

One day, Girl was buying ingredients and was given free goldfish. Along the way back to the restaurant, someone knocked against her and fishbag dropped to ground and Boy happened to help her. Both were instantly attracted. Boy asked if Girl knows this certain restaurant cos he'd be reporting to work. Girl smirked and assumed this guy must be the new Kitchen Assistant.

Turns out, unknown to her, just one day after being promoted as Second Assistant pasta chef, the Italian Chef who promoted her was fired by the Restaurant Owner who hired Boy as the new Head Chef to replace the Italian Chef. Girl got shock of her life knowing Boy will be her Head. Boy gave everyone a hard time. He's this grumpy, unlikable person who just keep yelling at ppl to the extend that I get really turn off.

Honey Lee plays second female lead, the ex of the Head Chef (male lead). Alex is the Restaurant Owner and knew both Honey Lee and the male lead. Alex is supposed to have a thing for Gong Hyo Jin I think... Anyway, the dynamics are kinda off to me. I honestly didn't see any appeal.

The only appeal I can see are some good looking chefs like the below...
The cuties & hotties in the show
However, the cuties chefs have very little parts in the show. Anyway, I don't really understand why the tao nao pai Alex would hire TWO Head Chefs in a restaurant. Both the male lead & Honey Lee kept yelling at each other majority of the times....

I'm sorry, I really cringe to watch from episode 10 onwards. Really not my type and the story really develop too slow for me.

I think the female lead has some type of BDSM fetish that she gets sibei shiok everytime the male lead yell & reprimand her. ???? I don't get it really and I gave up after 15 episodes... Total of 20 episodes and I really had no idea how the hell has it got to be so damn long!!!! And a great drama like Tamra Island had to be cut 'due to poor ratings'.

Unless you already like the casts, or a drama about chefs & cooking, you may give this a miss. The only thing I can label this drama are all crazy people who keep yelling at others.