Running
I recently did the Jurong Lake Run 2013 with Dearie & my sisters!

The JLR has been going on for a few years but I wasn't even interested in sports back then let alone running so there's a run happening right at the backyard of where I live, how could I not join! Race pack was not bad, but the running vest prove to be a quite short for me :(

I participated in the 6km category and I completed it in 42min. Not impressive but I normally run 5.4km-5.6km in 40min. An additional 500m in 2min should be considered not bad an improvement right? My usual pace is around 7min+/km, sometimes towards 8min/km. I haven't clock 10km before but I really should before my first 10km run in Sept for Yellow Ribbon. So cheers to a new additional to the 5km medals I have collected so far...

After finishing our run, we noticed Zhang Zhenhuan & Yuan Shuai posing with fans and we immediately went forward to ZZH and asked if we could take pics with him! We even fumbled with digging out our mobile phone and it was ZZH's assistant who helped us take the below pic!
Please pardon my fat arms & cui face! But I didn't expect ZZH to be so tall!!! Though it appears Dearie is taller la! LOL!

After walking further down, there was this Xu Mingjie - I honestly don't recall him name since I don't watch MediaCorp dramas but my sisters recognise him and wanted to take pics with him. So I helped my sisters & snapped this pic...

Nothing much going on with the event. We were stinking and had to go home! HAHA...

30th Birthday
老娘30岁了!人越老,低调就好.
和家人简单的云南园午餐,吃末搽生日蛋糕就是简单的幸福。
能在三是拉警报的前一天和朋友聚餐也是一件快乐的事!

Dearie & I also had a short 2-night stay in Sentosa for the occasion. As much as we wanted to stay in the RWS hotels or even other resorts within Sentosa but the cost were too high as it was still during peak period. We simply cannot afford SGD$300-500 per night. So Coasta Sands chalet was good enough since we're just going to sleep & bath in it only.

On July 11, 2013, it was a lovely day and I posted this on my FB:

Ah! It's a lovely 晴天 today! I shall be a 可爱女人 specially for today.

It's a special day to 回到过去 & reminisce all the great moments spent and think about when my 彩虹 will appear? Sometimes I think perhaps 我不配 since I'm a 懦夫. I wish I could 跨时代 and live in another era, maybe things will be different? The feeling of 搁浅 can so miserable that I want to use 迷迭香 to sleep it off.

Can I have some kind of 暗号 in life? Everywhere I go to, I'm always being 將軍 & told I'm so lacking or have a lot of 藉口. I wonder if it's due to growing up as a defiant kid cos I don't 聽媽媽的話? I know life is not a 園遊會 where you could just buy a sweet 麥芽糖 whenever you're down. I guess one resort is 退後 and prepare for 最後的戰役. 
Aish! Don't want to care liao! I shall 一路向北 to meet my 陽光宅男-cum-魔術先生 who will make my worries & unhappiness disappear! Together we will visit 珊瑚海 & 花海 over the weekend! OK! Let's go enjoy our 說好的幸福呢.

We visited SEA Aquarium, Adventure Cove, dined at Malay Food Street, Starz Restaurant @ Hard Rock Cafe.

We saw fishes & sharks, we saw ppl doing stunts at iFly, we saw students there for orientation camps, we saw Merlion, we saw the fireworks from Songs of the Sea...

We did have a few disagreements but eventually worked it out like we always do and I'm thankful for every minute that my husband is with me by my side...

或许是因为人老了,玩个一两天就要酸背痛了。
也许也因为年纪稍伟大了,对辛苦赚的钱比较放不开,
所以不觉得在旅游胜地花钱是件值得的事。

但是在新加坡,情侣或新婚夫妇能在不用花那么多钱的情况下做什么呢?
如果没有车,单靠公共交通,能去哪里玩呢?

很感谢很多朋友在我的 ‘脸书墙’ 上的生日留言。
很多祝我生日快乐,玩得开心,永远青春美丽的美言。。。

虽然很感激感动他们的有心,不过说真的,那不是我需要的。

What I really wish/need/want is the inspiration/chance/opportunity to be able to get nearer to my true calling or perhaps a sign for the next step cos I really find until pek chek already.

As if the job woes wasn't depressing enough.

Sigh. Ok, it wasn't my intention to be emo again. But I just can't help it. It's miserable working at where I'm working right now. Not because where or who I'm with is bad... it's really just a bad/unfortunate case of expectation met/not met and the longer I stay, it unhappier I will be. But... I boh ji to quit either.

These days, I am always thinking about the concept of dreams but a lot of times, the ultimate reality sets in and it consumes me so much that I find it hard to bear.

I always believe that dreams doesn't need to be big or measurable. I mean, as long as it benefits or you find the value in investing the time & effort in it, t hat's all it counts no matter what other say. Perhaps some of my dreams may have already been realised without my noticing?

I guess part of having dreams is being grateful as well. Hence, I'm grateful for the positive things/changes in my life that I had never imagined myself to be doing at all in the past. So long I still have the energy, I'm going to keep on doing it. 许嘉恩,加油!

Here's a little song for myself, wishing myself Happy Birthday, Happy 30th



生日快乐,我对自己说。
蜡烛点了,人又老了。
生日快乐,要成熟了。
我要谢谢大家给我的生日祝贺。

三十岁~~的酸甜苦辣。
虽然发现,真难做人。
学会看开,学习放下。
祝我生日~~快乐

Family
Ah Neng finally graduated at the age 23! Can't believe how much my sisters have grown into beautiful young ladies!

To be honest, we sisters wanted to take outdoor shoots since they're obviously prettier & more attractive having outdoor sceneries as background. But our old fashion parents prefers air-conditioned environment and wearing formal wear... no idea what kinda logic is that but paying almost $600 for to get only 3 photos is a bit boliao. For around $100 lesser, I could get any reputable freelance/self-employed photographer and able to get ALL photos back. But... whatever la.

Mama and her 3 daughters. 

Another shot with my sisters. We all have puffy cheeks >< 

I think I legs look nice here! I am slightly taller than my youngest sister 
but a whole 10kg more! >< 

Haha! It's lame I know but HELL LOTS OF FUN!!!!