So while applying for a Graphic Designer position for a seemingly reputable design agency, I was given a test after being shortlisted by them for an interview.

They gave me a few products and I picked lipstick. So it was just a very brief 'design brief'. The tag line was simply "Lip Tease Lip Gloss" and I were to come up with a campaign targeting on Asian women - that's all. I am to design the logo, the packaging, the presentation, the mock up, the marketing proposal of what I deem fit. 

Well.... ok. Took me a few day's work and these are what I came up with....





Photos of Chinese Supermodel Shu Pei from Vogue China Feb 2010
Photos of Korean Celebrity Jeon Ji Hyun from Laneige (Korean cosmetic brand) catalouge

After almost a month submitting this proposal, I finally heard from the boss offering me a position. However, I was quite taken aback by the salary being offered because.... it was really honestly damn low....

Actually, I have been drawing salary x for the longest time. I always had difficulty raising it above x. Hence, I have stated $(x + 200) as my expected salary from this company. HOWEVER, I am offered the position at $(x - 200) instead!!! That's 400 lower than my expectation :( But considering it's a reputable design agency, I hope to increase my portfolio and after probation, I could prove my worth for the expected salary that I want!