My dear friend Huishan was back in Singapore from Japan for awhile and we met up for a few activities.

Huishan was well informed of Japanese related news in SG so she told me there will be a maid cafe happening at NEX. So we went! Not really sure about the details but I think the maids were like talent/cosplayers being approached by the organiser I dunno?

So we actually had to queue to get into this Moe Moe Kyun Maid Cafe. I don't think it's a real maid cafe place, but it was rented for this event for otakus to patronise.
The dessert was supposed to be pikachu~ but er....
This omu rice was better drawn
Similar like the maid cafes that Shan & I went to in Japan, we could take pictures with the maids that we selected and they would decorate the photos for us.

I think these girls/models probably also had to learn some art/drawing/Japanese to be able to draw them beautifully!
The 6 maids in this event - majiam girl group haha
The instant photo that they printed for us on spot and decorations as well.
It was quite pleasant and an eye opener to see this happening in Singapore although Shan felt that they weren't really 'professional' haha...

Another activity we did was to hike Henderson Wave, together with Audrey.

We took a bus from Bt Merah and alighted few stops at the foot of Henderson Wave. We walked the Treetop Walk trail all the way to Hortpark. While resting at Hortpark, we noticed local celebrities... 

It's Thomas Ong & Christopher Lee
Apparently, I wasn't sure if it was a recording but I doubt so. I didn't see film camera or production crew. But they were holding Canon cameras so I supposed this was some kinda Canon camera workshop thingy?

We didn't want to leave without taking pics with Thomas Ong but both Huishan & I were hum ji. In the end, it was Audrey who approached Thomas Ong and asked if we could take a group picture lol


Tada, the one and only photo we took - or rather the assistant of Thomas Ong took. Seriously, just one click only meh? Can snap a few more right....

It was quite fun la cos it has been a while since we last saw any local celebrities anymore lol...