Ok, the last post was too negative.... So I thought I should share some happy stuff too.

There are little happy days in my life too actually just that I didn't make a point to record down like how miserable stuff overwhelms & consumes me :P

We have confirmed the banquet venue. It's going to be at Raffles Marina - a yacht club at Tuas. I love the fact that it's going to be peaceful & quiet and privacy of our own. A bit ulu but that's the point. I don't really fancy a hotel, it's busy, always busy with a lot of functions happening at the same time in the middle of busy town area.

After trying on so many gowns, I'm happy to share the gowns I'd be wearing on the actual day. I am so happy to finally found a nice fit. Actually I did prefer another gown with better design & fitting but aiya I figured I really just can't bear to pay $700 to BUY a gown that I won't have other chance to wear it again.

Here's the wedding gown. I'd be wearing this for the pre-wedding shoot as well. There are no trains, just a tulle-ballerina-ish looking type! Hehe!

And this will be the TURQUOISE evening gown I'd be wearing! While the wedding gown is princess-ish, this evening gown will probably be more classy-Hollywood-ish.

So far, most of the gowns I'd tried on require fastener in form of either a zip or criss-cross tie back. But this gown doesn't need and it fits my body just nice. It looks/fits a bit like a Korean hanbok on my body. The alterations required are to lengthen the blink straps cos I have a longer torso than most girls la. And I can't take/wear this out for shoot :(

In the end, despite wanting to do it ala-carte style, I STILL signed on a package deal with a studio called Fabulosity. I'd say their primary business is beauty/facial, make up & hair. But since they're already doing make up & hair, most of their customers would be brides so I guess they decided to do wedding services too & brought in gowns & suits as well.

The package is pretty much standard (but not that complete):
- 1 wedding gown & 1 evening gown & 2 groom's suits for both Pre-Wed & AD
(evening gown cannot wear out for outdoor shooting so it will be substitute by one of their short dresses during Pre-Wed)
- 2 make up & hair for Pre-Wed (2 looks) & for AD (1 morning look & 1 evening look)
- 3-4 hours of outdoor photography for Pre-Wed (2-3 looks/outfit)
- All accessories, veils, fake eyelashes, ampoules provided.
- 26 photos, 8R album (they call it small coffee table that's somewhat smaller than A4 size)

I guess that's all. Anything else will be additional. Initially it was $2.8K but Dearie bought a shirt from them cos he doesn't have any suitable shirt (He's very hiao, he doesn't own any formal shirt, all his shirts are gai gai type =.=) to go along with the suit. We also topped up a little for the makeup artist to follow us to help me set the 2nd look for Pre-wed and generally to assist us in touching up our appearance while coordinating with the photographer during the 3-4hour shoot. So it becomes $3K.

I'd still need a short dress though, it's the tea-dress. I figured I looked too cui in both the kua & the cheongsam. I guess the typical ROM dress could act as a tea-dress. Good if it's a colourful & bright prom style. But ROM/Bridesmaid style in ivory or cream also can la.

Since our soutfit are more or less settled, the remaining would be...

- Videography, Solemnizer, Car Rental
There was a rather good & affordable videographer I'd approached previously but too bad he was booked on Jan 12 =\ gotta check out portfolios of others and ask for their rates. There were also a few solemnizers that were recommended by my married friends but hiya, also booked. I didn't know so many ppl getting married on Jan 12? lol

As both of our families' cars were SUV, they're not really suitable la. Was thinking of getting those Beetle or Couper ones :X But won't come cheap I believe. Anybody with nice cute car can rent us for a day? :P

- Sisters' bridesmaids dresses
I do like Turquoise or Teal a lot if my close friends hadn't realised. But my 2 younger sisters are in their early-20s while Huishan & Qifen are the same age as me - approaching 30 :P While I think Turquoise or Teal is suitable for ladies my age, but I think it may be quite mature for my sisters. I did toy around with Tiffany or Mint but not sure whether my friends will think those colours are too young? Haha, let me know if you're reading this :P

- Mama's golden shiny cheongsam
My mom did tell me the colour she's looking at and she's open to different kinda cutting/material. But so far, I haven't seen any gowns that's golden in colour. Most mothers' dresses that are in cheongsam are typically red, maroon, purple, green. Then yesterday when I asked her what type of gold? She showed me a newspapers with Zhang Ziyi on it, wearing this gown.

My sisters & I pengz. She REALLY want to wear so bling & shiny ah?? Ah Neng immediately "Ma! You how old liao! Still want to wear so bright ah? You want to be brighter & shinier than Da jie ah?" My sisters are really direct & straightforward ppl -.- But my mom thinks it's ok cos if own daughter's wedding don't wear then when have chance? It will be another 10 years before it will be my sisters' turn to get married, by then my parents will be 70 years old. :(

- Papa's jacket
Papa used to have a few jackets when he was younger that he wore during office conference. But he hasn't worn it in a long time so may need to get it altered cos Papa is shrinking already. He used to be bigger sized about 10 years ago.

- Xiang's room furniture
As we have been occupied with rings, outfits, we haven't been able to look at furniture yet. Will probably get more time next month or so. Think we need a new bed, new desk, new wardrobe for now since I'd be moving to his place next year onwards. The rest will just wait until 永远排不到的屋子 comes.

-

Other Stuffs

I've gone back to Chiropractic as my aches & pain are coming back. Probably not really a good time since my expenses are going out for my wedding but my back did improve previously, just that I didn't manage to sustain due to money and job change. Although the package still goes more than $2k but at least I could now claim a small part of it for being in zeng hu gang to at least I will be spending less than $2k for my back/neck/shoulders.

Kickboxing have been fun. After 3 lessons I'm slowly enjoying it. It didn't ache as bad as it previously did. Mainly I was inspired by the many big sized aunties & uncles in the class. Every time I watched them move, I am very touched. They were all trying their best to catch up. So were everyone (excluding those pro ones la). I still maintained my target of 2 runs per week. 3 workouts a week probably not enough still. Since I usually nuah or do stuffs with Xiang on weekend, I might as well run/workout every weekday.

To be honest, I hadn't lost weight. Still hovering around 68-69 though most of the ladybosses of the bridal studios say I will DEFINITELY lost weight somehow, due to stress or sleeplessness etc lol Does it really work this way? If I'd lost weight, I WOULD HAVE already lost few years back liao! No need to wait until get married for it to happen.

I was told to keep my hair long till wedding day. The last time I trimmed my hair was probably 2-3 weeks ago. 6 months growth will have any difference? Ok, I shall not touch the scissors and see how long it can grow. Though I'm not too keen to even have mid-length hair but since I haven't had hair longer than collar, let's see if I can bust the myth of "Gals leave long hair sure look better".

Meanwhile, I'd been buying toto every week hoping it will open. Even if win small small also never mind. They say piggies generally have good luck in the dragon year. Why haven't I seen it happening?? ><