About 2 months left till my wedding day.

I am having mixed feelings about it: happy, excited, anxious, stressed, anticipating, overwhelming, money woes, logistics planning.... hmm so yeah.


1. Parents' Meeting
Prior before the meeting, I was under the impression that Xiang & I would be financing our own wedding so I hope my parents won't be asking for too much pin jin. I did ask my married friends what their rates are, it different differs from few hundreds to few thousands.

I did hint to my dad what are the possible things he'll ask. He said stuff like si dian jin, $2888, 10 tables from groom's family. I don't know how much those jewellery cost but I certainly won't wear it and I certainly don't see the need to 'just for security to pawn it next time'. 10 tables is almost 10k worth, plus minus here & there will be almost 15k. I don't think Xiang can afford that or rather I don't think all these costs are necessary -.- I obviously wouldn't want him to be in debt, to which my dad assumed, "His parents won't help him meh?"

Then I mentioned about having an ang bao box to be placed at the reception. My parents' asked what is that. I said ang bao box is to collect ang baos from guest. Guest will come and deposit their token into the ang bao box.

BOTH my parents claimed there are no such things. They NEVER saw such things ever before. They said they don't deposit ang baos into any boxes when they attend weddings. They say they either give to the newly weds if they know the newly weds personally or they give it to their parents who are usually the ones who invited them. In other words, guests whom my dad invited will pass him their ang baos. Meaning to say, I still have to fork out the table costs but my papa get to keep the ang baos? I was still hoping to 'earn' just a bit to cover the other wedding related costs such as bridal, vendors etc.

I was stunned and typed a long ass letter to my parents cos I don't know how to put into words and in case you're wondering, yes, I used to write them letters to tell them things I didn't know how to say/express when I was younger. Our communication have failed during my growing up years and therefore my r/s with my parents have always been tensed/hostile. I'm not as obedient nor verbal as my sisters but that's another story.

I mentioned in the letter that Xiang & I will be financing our own wedding so hopefully Papa won't be asking for too much. 10 tables & almost-3k is really too much. I might be 'an expensive daughter' but I certainly don't think I am worth that much. Not like I'm a nice person who's easy to get along to begin with and MIL-to-be also have high standards.

Ended up, lunch turned out well though my parents seemed awkward with each other but it turns out my mom & Xiang's mom knew common ppl! Ultimately, my parents let the groom's side to sui yi. So yay!

2. 小插曲
Perhaps it has been the wedding planning stress I had been experiencing cos so far I am the one doing most of the researching, liasing, planning of different vendors such as bridal, photography, videography, solemnizers, car rentals, florists etc

All I needed was his 甜言蜜语. I knew he had been busy with work, taking his certification exams so I took up all the job of seeking/communicating so that he could just relax n concentrate on what he was doing. So when I didn't get to hear his sweet words I snapped. Can't he just be more appreciative of what I was doing, in helping both of us save as much cost for our wedding as possible? Saying more endearing words of encouragement will die huh?

Then he said since day 1 when I knew him, I SHOULD know he's not this type of 'romantic person'. We quarreled over that and also other random issues and casual comments. Sigh... It was such a torture that I wanted to call it off & move on. Just as I thought it was a huge mistake to continue, he surprised me with red roses, waiting for me at my place. He brought my favourite potato chips and do all the things I said he won't do it.

Sneaky fella. I was genuinely touched but another part of me is quite sian always must wait got dua dai ji then he come and chu this kinda pattern.

3. Car/florist confirmed
So I went around searching for car rental that comes with or has contacts with florist for car decor. Those popular car rental websites are actually quite ex and it doesn't even come with car decor considering most couples would opt for bridal packages that comes with it.

While my bridal offer external florist service but based on the previous photo woes, I didn't want to use their services other than gown/suit/make up anymore cos their package doesn't even include car decor anyway.

I found a great match! A florist company, 85flowers offering car rental TOGETHER for $488 nett. A black BMW is certainly not bad :P Previously I had considered exotic cars like Mini or Beetle but later realised both Xiang & I are so huge, a bit stupid to cramp ourselves in the small car!

We went over to the ladyboss' place - a condo at Bedok and I love it. Since I didn't have a bouquet so I also ordered it from her as they're already doing floral business anyway. She's a year older than me but look so young & experienced! I will have a blue hydrangea & white rose bouquet! :P

4. Lost a bit of weight
I used to be around 68-69, but recently I'm seeing 67-68 more often. I even get to see 66.6-66.9 la! Haha! And my sisters also said I looked slimmer :P Makes my day la! Haha! Hope I can continue to lose a bit more till my wedding day :D

5. e-Invites
Something which I had designed :P Layout & typography la.
I have already started inviting ppl and was pleased to see some friends delighted & happy to attend but there are also others with ai mai attitude. I guess it's normal since I had not been a good friend throughout these years but it's ok. Just a few true friends who will be there for me to share my joy would be sufficient :)

Have also passed our parents the physical hardcopy for them to write in the names of their guests.

6. ROM e-filing
Have filed for it liao as well as found a Mr Chia YT (omo same initals as my dad!) as our JP! But the appt was a day before our wedding! Pengz!

7. Photography/videography/photobooth
Prior to making researches I did seek recommendations from married friends of those services they used. But alas, I'm a bride on lower end of budget so I couldn't really afford anything 2k & above. It took me a long time to decide on my AD Photographer - Blocmemoire (Husband & wife duo). Their 梦幻真实 or 真实梦幻 style just appeals to me.

Unfortunately I had confirmed the photographer earlier than I found my AD Videographer - Zonzon Smile Production, who actually provides photographer services too but nvm as I also took up their instant photo booth service too.

8. New mobile/smart phone
It's a 4G HTC One XL! A chio phone!


But I am having a difficult time trying to get adjusted to it after being an iphone user for 3 years :( Although before getting an iphone I was using LG Optimus which is android as well but I don't recall Optimus was as difficult to us as One XL leh

-

Other than those mentioned above, wedding related matters & arrangements are more or less done except the actual day preparation & Ah Xiang's room's furniture which we'll be taking the next few weeks to settle and I NEED A TEA DRESS!!!!

I have spent the last few weekends hunting for it at Bugis Junction BHG, Raffles City Robinsons + Marks & Spencer, Orchard Point OG, Centrepoint Robinsons, Far East Plaza, Causeway Point Metro, Jurong Point John Little, VivoCity Tangs....

Yes, Love Potion & customised & MTM, Vivian Gown too but I really don't want to pay more than $200 for it leh. Although I can wear it again for other important functions or dinners but still...

Does this look ok? I found this UK brand Lipsy at Centrepoint Robinsons. Too casual?


-

And...

Happy Birthday to the one I love & annoy the most in my life, the person whom I'd soon to be married with, 那个高高白白浓眉大眼的 Scorpion King ~ 我的阿翔 Mr Z, Z 先生 :P

Dearie, I'm glad to be able to say this to you for the 6th time and I'm gonna say it for the next 60 times to you each passing year until you become lao ah pek! :P

MUAH  MUAH!