Writing about Dramas that I'm watching certainly makes me happy everytime! So I'm going to continue doing what I do best lol

This is a continuation of the 姐弟恋 Dramas that I've been watching. The first 3 drama reviews were covered in the first part. So here are the rest of what I've watched & currently watching.

Drama #4 Last Cinderella
The female lead was the lady from Anego. 8 yrs after Anego, she is back with yet another 姐弟恋 Drama.
Seemingly hot leading lady with 2 hot male leads!
When the opening credits started, it showed a glamourous & sultry woman putting on makeup with a wide smiling face, slowly walking towards a castle where she slowly slip her feet onto a pair of glass shoes held by a hands of an unknown man.

Wah, I would think that it's a swooning fairytale unfolding...

Then the show started with an unkempt woman, Sakura who doesn't bother grooming or dressing herself up. I was rather horrified that this lady, who's our heorine, turns out to be hairstylist!

HUH? Where got hairstylist look so lok kok one? Sorry, it wasn't really convincing for me. And she's supposed to be the most popular one in the beauty salon! But looking like that? I mean ya la, we shouldn't judge a book by its cover but seriously, she doesn't look a thing like how you think a female lead should look like. Or maybe because her image in Anego still stuck in my mind and I was just baffled how errm.. unappealing she could look here.

A bit 傻大姐 klutz-ish type of female lead la.
So, we have the first male lead, Rintaro who appeared. He turns out to be her rival/competitor when they were both apprentice of the salon but he was more sales oriented and was promoted quickly to a shop manager. He was posted to manage the shop that she was in and that made her very uncomfortable and pissed.

Man & Shuai! OMO!
Next we have a creepy female customer who has been following Rintaro's services for a long time. I think she probably knew all his background story so when he was posted to work with Sakura, she panicked that Rintaro will fall for Sakura so she calls in our handsome young male lead, Hiroto to seduce Sakura so that this creepy girl could have Rintaro for herself. What kinda warped mentality is this?

Sakura met Hiroto for the first time and was totally smitten by this younger guy. They ended up in bed but she was too drunk to remember what happened. And then he asked her to go out with him. We learn that this 24 year-old guy does nothing except doing bike stunts and practicing for bike stunt competitions and is sleeping around with younger girls. Turns out, the creepy girl is his younger step-sister.

Good lord, to think I think the 11 years gap in Anego was big but this 15 years gap was much bigger! Can it work out? Wah lau, I'm 30, imagine a 15 year old boy in love with me? Hahaha... if I was still single at 35, he'd be 20 and still in NS LOL!

I know Japanese drama tend to like to have 姐弟恋 including all the old classics like Long Vacation, Overtime, Virgin Road etc But the recent ones I've watched weren't convincing. Ohitorisamu was downright bad, Kimi Wa Petto was still not too bad but this..... Last Cinderella was... so disappointing that even the good-looking casts can't really save it.

The disappointment mainly came from the main couple - Yes, the show ultimately let a 24 year-old man with no real job to propose to a 39 year-old woman who accepted his proposal *facepalm* - who showed no chemistry at all and were being forced together again for no reason & rhyme


I think it's quite typical of Japanese dramas to be written like that, like the Matsumoto Jun one that I gave up after 4 episodes.

What was frustrating is that THE SECOND MALE LEAD CLEARLY SHOWED MORE POTENTIAL! But why didn't they end up together??? ARGGHHHH!!!


They were so much more suitable as well as compatible for each other in terms of age, experience, profession, hobbies etc Although they always bicker to no end but they genuinely cared for each other and be there for each other. There could have been more romantic involvement between the both of them, isn't there?

They always helped out each other; when Sakura had her pregnancy scare he was the one standing by her side and giving her courage to face it and when Rintaro was missing a model for his competition, Sakura dropped everything to find one for him. He even requested her to be his date in front of his mother and Sakura gladly accepted & willing to help him.

THEY were the ones I stayed on to finish this drama, I absolutely love all their interaction. Every time Hiroto appears, I'd be -.- and thinking to myself, "There he goes again, trying to plead to be together with Sakura blablablabla...."

The drama also showcase the friendship between Sakura and 2 of her friends, one is a married mother, one is a sexy divorcee who devours men. Of course every time the creepy girl appears, I would feel turn off as well.... You can just watch it on your own or read here to know why.

Verdict: It didn't really make me swoon, although Rintaro did but I was more frustrated at his parts cos I wished he could get the girl but the show didn't let him. The young male lead 不是我的菜.

* all collage photos from Mydramatea