Alice CheongDamDong


Starring Park Shi Hoo & Moon Geun Yeung. While I give both actor & actress credit on their acting skills but the fallback is the horrible Cinderella story of a rich guy & a poor girl.

Initially I thought their kissing scene & how they interacted was cute. In fact, their kiss was considered one of "Best Korean Drama kisses".


Granted, the kiss wasn't that bad but I dislike the way the storyline made her tried hard-to-get when the guy confessed his feelings to her, citing that she felt she didn't deserve him blablabla....

That's when the show stopped convincing me to ship the both of them and I just dropped it.

We all know the OTP will eventually get together but I just wasn't interested to find out how they overcome all barriers to do it.

-

I also watched this hyped-TW drama In A Good Way 我们的自由年代

The initial reason for starting watching this was because the female lead character's name was Jia En. HAHA! I think that's a good reason for me to first time see a drama character named after me! LOL!

Jia En is described to be a country girl who wanted to study university in Taipei to follow her childhood mate, Renwei. Initially, we would think Renwei was Jia En's crush. However, Renwei's character isn't all that likable. His main purpose in university isn't to study but to party, have fun & chasing skirts - particularly this girl, Bai Xue, who's not your typical evil second female lead. She actually has her eyes set on smart & popular Law student, Liu San Feng - nickname Liu Chuan cos he's good & faster like Rukawa.

No, Jia En do not have so much makeup in the show. It's just for the poster shoot.

Unfortunately, Liu Chuan has fallen for our heroine, Jia En. And Renwei also slowly discovered that his personality with Bai Xue clashed and he has more & more in common with Jia En.

Tada, our typical Square-relationship as well as other sub-plots & loveline of other insignificant characters without substantial objective other than to prolong the drama. There are no villains in this show which I would like to think might be the downfall for this drama - cos there are not real conflict nor climax. Everything is peaceful and fun-loving and all righteous for their own freedom. The only conflict is probably - going overseas to get masters? Starting own business after graduation?

Haha, perhaps I have grown out of 'high school/university romance' that it isn't convincing for me to continue so I dropped it at Episode 12 when Jia En was unhappy with Liu Chuan's possible decision to further his studies overseas and they have to break up. I didn't bother to find out the ending at all.