8 June - 20 Weeks Fetal Scan

While work keep getting me down, the 3 things that get me going & looking forward is:

1. Having Dearie

2. Painting the Numbers Painting canvas


3. Looking forward to seeing Strong one!

I had a 20-week fetal scan scheduled at Novena Medical Centre in the morning. It wasn't part of the prenatal package I had signed up with Dr Tho so we spent $185+ for a thorough scan to check for brain/heart/physical deformities in the womb. I could see him for about 30min with the sonogrammer?/radiologist? describing to me what she was scanning for.

Dearie & I were impressed & amazed by the little thing moving inside me! Halfway the scan, he actually flipped from tummy facing up to his tummy lying down! Here are the images from the scan.


Now I kinda understand the touched feelings that expectant mothers feel seeing images of their moving fetus.

In the afternoon, we saw Dr Tho again but there wasn't any scan since I had already spent the morning doing it and we showed him the images provided by the medical centre. Seems like the baby is healthy! We are happy to know that too :)

We spent the rest of the weekend looking for confinement nanny & also compiling list of baby items to buy. Need to spend a lot again...

I weigh 76kg at night and wondered how did I put on weight so fast? I am only 22 weeks (a little more than 5 months) and already putting on 7kg since pre-pregnancy?

2 July - Happy Problems!

Spent time painting and more n more progress to show! :)


There's still a lot of To-do list to do!!!!
  • Confirming confinement agency/procedures
  • Maid application status
  • Baby items to look out for at the Baby Expo
  • First Month Baby Shower venue

AHHHH!!!! Happy problems! Happy problems!

5 July - Baby Expo

Finally confirmed our confinement service with PEM Confinement. To be perfectly honest, the initial communication with them weren't the most efficient or pleasant due to the fact that they probably hired si ginnah as customer service crew (zzzzzz).

But we eventually chosen them because their company is just within stone throw away from Dearie's place and they also offer the cheapest rates ($2250 is the standard rate unless you top up other service). Plus BIL & Dasao used them before - they weren't particularly satisfied but I guess you get what you paid for which I wasn't prepared to pay anything more than $2400 to be honest.

We spent 1.5hrs to get to Expo and realised that they have a lot of roadshows than baby/maternity products. Most items weren't even brand new. It seems like they were just clearing off dusty/old stock. The condition were worse than what were sold at retail malls/shops. We bought some cheap infant rompers and left after an hour to get back to Woodlands...

It's hard to trust Expos nowadays. Why? We previously went for a Winter Time Expo but let's face it, the price weren't cheaper, in fact they jacked it up so high it was ridiculous! It's the same for IT Show etc... I don't trust IT/Sitex/Comex cos they actually sell more expensive than retail! Very ripped off! If I can get it cheaper at my neighbourhood mall/branch, why would I travel all the way to Expo to get something more expensive and likely 次等货.

At least this Baby Expo gave us an idea what to get and what baby brands to look out for at KiddyPalace & Mothercare :)